Waianapanapa State Park Cabins
US$179
US$349
US$339
Travelocity
Best Western Pioneer Inn(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$600
US$420
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort(Lahaina)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsthe black sand beachbring your ownbunk bedstent campingpots and pansblow holedining tablepicnic tablescoffee makertwo nightspermithanalinensbugstowelslavageckos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 December 2017

I stayed at the cabins in the first 4 days of December 2017 by myself. The cabin is roomy and has 3 bunk beds that can accommodate up to 6 people. There are also 6 foldable chairs and a picnic table on the porch with a bbq grill made with bricks. There is also a fridge in each cabin which is nice.

The Kitchen is a bit small and doesn't have much counter space. The stove is more like a portable stove and looks very old school. There are a couple of curtains on the porch side to give you some privacy but some of the bigger windows that face the bunk beds have nothing and anyone walking by can see inside which makes the other curtains seem useless.

I do very much like the state park and the cabins but they have ridiculously strict rules. Since there are no curtains facing the road and other cabins, and its against the rules to place thumb tacks or nails in the cabin, I moved the bunk bed in the living room against the window and draped a bed sheet over it so that I can sleep in peace and can change clothes without worrying about creeps peeping in. A couple of hours later, one of the state park staff came over and scolded me about the bedsheet covering the window and told me that covering the window is against the rules!

So I removed the bedsheet but left the bunk bed as I was planning to move it back to its original spot before I checked out. The next day, I got a piece of paper that said that this is my 2nd violation for not moving the bed back to its original spot. I just don't understand why I was being harassed when I'm staying in the cabin alone.

I'm giving them a poor rating because they treated me like I was a criminal trying to make trouble.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
5  Thank Won J
Reviewed 23 November 2017

The cabin has pros and cons. It’s spacious for a family and has a small kitchen. It’s near a black sand beach, but the water is too rough for inexperienced ocean swimmers, especially children, in my opinion. There are trails to walk around, and the town of Hana is close. Buy food, a fan or two, sheets, and towels in Kahului. We got a note from the office scolding us for moving two bunk beds together, said we scratched the laminate floor, which we didn’t. We didn’t like someone coming in to inspect our cabin without our knowledge while were out. The cabin is as clean as the last people who stayed there, so a few cleaning supplies are recommended.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Traveltolearn
Reviewed 26 September 2017

We love going to the Cabins , we have been going for yrs, Always clean and the maintaince folks are always very nice, I do wish they could upgrade the pots and pans to stainless steel . I usually bring my own but i know visitors don't have the option of doing that.
Mahalo

Room Tip: All the cabins are great!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank kalolacosby
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

We visited the State park for a few hours but could have stayed for days. The black beach is beautiful . The colors are breath taking . The blue of the ocean, white foam, greens and black fro the stones and sand are just a delight to watch. We saw 4 string rays on the water. There are very nice facilities for the visit . Clean bathroom and nice showers. Just gorgeous park.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Gorgeous spot with great local lore, come here to enjoy the lava caves and get the best picture of your holiday. If you are lucky you may even find the freshwater cave where Hawaiian legend will have you feeling like you're walking down the path of history. Definitely a highlight of the trip.

Stayed: May 2017