“Great Vietnamese food, and a bit of fun attitude!”
Review of A Saigon Cafe

A Saigon Cafe
Ranked #9 of 101 Restaurants in Wailuku
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 10 January 2017

Our first time eating Vietnamese food. The food was great...we got what is called "Vietnamese burritos"... the Vietnamese do-it-yourself version of the fajita. The shrimp popsicle is a must. When we were ordering, I tried to add two summer-rolls to our order, but the waiter told us that we already had enough food...and he was right. Very reasonably priced for the excellence of the food...and for Maui. A little bit tough to find; give yourself about 10 extra minutes to do a bit of groping with the GPS. They told us that they closed at 8:30PM, but we noticed that they seated all the way up until closing time. The Saigon Cafe (aka Jennifer's Saigon Cafe) is now on our list of places we will visit every time we come to Maui.

Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

Off of the beaten path is the greatest Vietnamese restaurant around. The staff is super high energy. The food is amazing, spectacular, worth the drive and many other words I can think of. If you're on the island of Maui make sure you visit this place. My recommendation is tell the server whom I think owns the place what types of food you like and let him place the order for you. I was not really sure what we had ordered but it was amazing. He personally knew many of the patrons which led me to believe this is where the locals hang out!

Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

This place has passion.! This is some of the best food I've eaten on the island. It's worth the drive and you won't regret it. My wife and I will probably go back for dinner the very next day since we will be leaving the island and I want to try something else the offer. People the food, the staff, the energy the excitement the pizzazz they've got it all. I'm assuming the waiter owns the place and I highly recommend you just telling him what type of food you like and he will order for you. He's funny as he hustles through waiting on everyone. He is clearly loved by every patron were local who goes in to visit. There was a birthday party going on and they offered him some cake and he jokingly refused. Everyone seems to know him and love him as he hustles through teasing and joking around having fun with them. Food is spectacular!

Reviewed 5 January 2017

My wife and I had the beef vermicelli with spring rolls, chicken wings and chicken fried rice. Everything was awesome. Even the veggies were crisp and fresh. The owner seemed to be a big fan of 90's West Coast rap music and made a lot of jokes, so it added some fun to the dining experience. I highly recommend this place1

Reviewed 20 December 2016

MauiBoy and his ohana is "here today, gone to Maui" for the holidays 2016 and our close friends know we yearn to return to this place upon our arrival from LAS. Manager has an amazingly humorous personality and engages his customers but the star of this place is their consistently spot on food from pho, bun, papaya salad to deep fried fish with black beans sauce, crispy noodles adorned with heavenly sauce and fresh asian veggies, crispy shrimp, bbq pork chop, make-your-own spring rolls and curries more akin to Thai cuisine. Parking can be formidable since it is adjacent to apartments with few roadside spots and both locals and visitors still insist on this venue. If you're unfamiliar, the mgr/order taker knows what's good for your palette and as you walk around, you'll notice 5-7 dishes almost universally ordered by patrons. A hui ho, Saigon Cafe!

1  Thank 808son