“A nice long, but fairly easy, hike near Aiea”
Review of Aiea Loop Trail

Ranked #2 of 13 things to do in Aiea
Reviewed 15 February 2018

Have done this hike a number of times. The forest is nice but don't go after a heavy rain unless you want to ruin your shoes with the thick red mud. Need decent shoes and water. Never have found the airplane purported to be crashed in the jungle. Lilikoi season is a good time to go!

1  Thank VanorasCrew
"muddy"
in 45 reviews
"clockwise"

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Excellent hike. Fresh air, lush landscape. Trail well maintained. Some trail areas uneven due to tree roots or erosion. Best when trail is not muddy, i.e. avoid going day after heavy rain or on rainy day.

1  Thank Gordon Melanie L
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Definitely enjoyed this long hike. We stretched it out and did part of the summit trail which offered some great views. Then we made an offereing at the temple ruins on the way out. Lots of fun!

1  Thank Clint M
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Hiking this trail was on my bucket list for our family trip to Oahu because GC23 is located on the trail. This geocache was placed in July 2000 and is one of the oldest ones I've ever found. There is also an easy "History of Geocaching" near the end of the trail. We were short on time and my family opted to wait for me in the parking lot so I didn't hike the whole trail. I started at the "end" of the trail (down the steps from the large parking area) instead of starting at the "start" (by the bathrooms). The GPSr said it was only .2 miles away, but that's as the crow flies. It took me 38 minutes to hike out to the geocache and 22 minutes to hike back - I didn't do the entire loop trail. It was dry when I went. The cache itself is an ammo can secured to a tree. It's the history that makes it special.

3  Thank Jolene224