“The Food Never Disappoints”

The Alley at Aiea Bowl
Ranked #1 of 165 Restaurants in Aiea
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 11 August 2017

I've gone to The Alley for years because the food and the service are consistently great. Among my favorite foods are their fried chicken and carrot cake. The chicken is always extra crisp and tasty, and the carrot cake is wonderfully moist and six layers! The service is also very good. They seat you and bring you menus and your drink order right away, come back for your food order, drop the plates within 10 minutes (maximum), and come back to check on how you're doing. They also check if you'd like another drink when your cup gets low.

There used to be two problems--paying the bill and the crowd. There used to be some confusion about whether to go up to pay the cashier or wait for the check. That has been solved. They bring the check to your table. They have also gotten a lot better at handling the crowd over the years. Today, they told me I'd have to wait 15 minutes for a table and then paged me within 5 minutes because my table was already ready!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We finally were in the neighborhood to enjoy this highly rated diner. It was worth the wait! The deep fried pork chops & gravy with substituted waffle fries - yum! The oxtail soup was fun, flavorful, good amount of meat, minimal bones and brown rice, ginger, Chinese parsley, tangy sauce served on the side. If there's any wait time, it's worth it!

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Come for a large breakfast or any time during the day. Whether ou bowl or not, this is a true local favorite which needs to be tried if you are anywhere near in the area.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Let me start by saying...all our food was really good, Oxtail Soup, Tasty Chicken, Lemon Crunch Cake and Baked Apple Crumble w/ Ice Cream. The service was really good too. Our server was attentive, pleasant and there when we needed her.

What was not good is the 30 min. wait when they refused to take a reservation. I have learned from others that I should consider myself lucky as it is usually upwards of 45 min. So if you don't mind standing around outside the restaurant inhaling exhaust from the cars parking, or sitting at dirty picnic tables while you wait...the food IS good.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Always seems to be a 45 minute wait to get in, but worth it. Shorter wait of you accept a seat at the bar.