“Delish ”

macky's kahuku sweet shrimp truck
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

Very tasty, large portions and fast service. Well worth the stop while on the North Shore. The original shrimp plate is the way to go.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

Great shrimp ... all flavors. You get a fairly large serving (enough for two). Generally crowded. I would pick this as better than the others (even the more famous names). If it is super busy, just go and come back. It has peaks and valleys. Will need lots of paper towels. Food is delicious.

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

I was told to go somewhere else by non-locals. I listened to the local. Garlic Shrimp, Garlic Rice and Pineapple from Heaven. Service could us a smile but, when you're that busy...I'll give it a pass. Tried another company...Macky's is best.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

Heard about this place from a few colleagues and I was determined to check it out. I only eat seafood and am always on the hunt for a good dish. We passed this place at first and ended up at the food truck area about a quarter mile up the road. Use the 7Eleven as your landmark to find this spot as its right next door to Mackeys if you miss the small sign on the road. I had the spicy shrimp and it was delicious. My sister had the butter garlic shrimp and raved about it as well. All the shrimp dishes cost $13 and come with rice, salad and a slice of pineapple. Check it out if you are in the area -- it's worth it!

2  Thank bjfraz
Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed our meals at Macky's. They produced very tasty food in a remarkably short time. The tip (from a Trip Advisor reviewer) to buy drinks from the 7/11 next door was a good one and the overall cost was reasonable. So this truck produces a reasonably priced meal. However it is certainly not in the excellent category.

Finally, if Hawaii claims to be a state that cares about the environment, why are vendors like Macky's allowed to sell vast numbers of styrofoam containers? It is an environmental disaster. Other states have successfully banned the selling of styrofoam containers in favor of bio-degradable products. What's your problem Hawaii?

1  Thank UKJohnN