“3.5”

Yamas Mediterranean Cuisine
Ranked #38 of 156 Restaurants in Kailua
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

4 for the island 3 for the Bay Area. The pita was great, the humis not so much. The souvlaki was ok the geek salad was okay

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

We had just eaten our fourth evening of Hawaiian food. I needed a break and love Mediterranean food. I high recommend the Gyro with extra meat to enjoy the next day. Also loved the hummous and babaganuf (spelling incorrect). Both were better the next day.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

First time and we BYOBed it. Great food and service.

Started with the sampler. Should of stoped there. Lot of food for two.

Had Greek salad with lamb. It rocked. Then we were actually smart and shared a lamb pita with garlic fries. Destroyed it!

Have to go back. Have got to try the desert. And, we noticed tons of pickups to go.

1  Thank Marc_and_Kim_Z
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Spanicopita was quite good, albeit a little oily; the crust was light and the filling tasty. The fish souvlaki was, frankly, quite horrible; the fish was rubbery and tasteless. The accompanying fries were crisp and tasty. I might come back to give it another chance given the generally good reviews, but right now it's not high on my list of places to revisit. Service was pleasant.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

For years we have been crossing the mountains, thru the tunnels to get to the "other side" for Greek Food. NEVER AGAIN!!!
We "discovered" Yamas after reading TripAdvisor and thought we would give it a try. We had eaten at another Greek restaurant the day before and thought this would be a good test. I ordered the GYRO which I had had at the other Greek place and there was NO comparison. Yamas won HAND'S DOWN. The lamb was juicy and flavorful. Lots of it. And a great taziki sauce and a very large wonderful Greek salad came with this Gyro. My husband ordered the Sharma and couldn't have been happier (except for eyeing my Gyro. So...the following Sunday found us back at Yamas ordering the Super Gyro and the Gyro and the Dolmades and both of us grinning thru our meal.

1  Thank baloha