Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii(Kaneohe)(Great Value!)
US$282
  • Breakfast included
US$129
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$144/night.

US$89
  • Free Internet
Ilima Hotel(Honolulu)
US$145
US$118
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$144/night.

Ambassador Hotel Waikiki(Honolulu)
US$114
  • Pool
All reviewspool roomkailua beachnice roomwalking distancedogsfanshosthonolulu
Reviewed 11 December 2015

My sister and I spent two nights at Sharon's serenity bed and breakfast. We had a very nice room with our own bathroom. It's an older home but very nice. For breakfast she served bagels or muffins with fresh fruit and yogurt. Great view in the backyard and also had a swimming pool. We were about a 5 min drive from the beach which was very beautiful. We were very close to some good restaurants. Sharon was a funny lady and made it a very nice visit.

Room Tip: My sister made the reservation so not sure about a tip.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Mallory_10
Reviewed 15 November 2015

This is my third stay with Sharon and it certainly won't be my last. Over the years we've become very good friends and it pains me to see a negative review. She works so hard to keep up the house and grounds and I've never been disappointed in the accommodations. Unfortunately, El Nino has taken away the tradewinds making it unbearably hot and since air conditioning is not usually required, it can be rather uncomfortable However, that is an issue that has no bearing on Sharon's Serenity. She tries to make it as comfortable as possible with fans and I appreciate her efforts.

Room Tip: My room is always Sharon's Blue Room--queen-size bed, ample drawer and closet space and in-room bathroom.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Lenore M
Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

It smells like dog urine. The sheets are pilling. Sharon prepares the dog food at the same place she makes the breakfast. She makes no bones about her dislike of President Obama. There's a lot clutter in the house. There was a lot of grumbling from the other guests too. I'd rather stay else where. (I stayed there earlier than September 2014, but I didn't write a review until now.)

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank CharlottedeRuff
Reviewed 9 June 2015

My husband and I recently stayed at Sharon's Serenity Bed and Breakfast and we didn't especially enjoy our stay. The location is primo, within a few blocks walk to the beach, one of the best beaches in Kailua, Hawaii.

The house is a basic ranch style home with 4 bedrooms. The furniture in the bedrooms is very old and rickety. The sheets and towels are worn out and they need replacing badly. Summertime is hot and stuffy in the rooms... no air conditioning -- few homes have it in Hawaii... but there was no fresh air. The place wasn't clean. She does however, have a clean swimming pool, and view of the canal out back.

Sharon's breakfast is very delicious of fruit, muffins and yogurt... a good start for your day of exploring the island. If you want low-end and cheap... you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: The poolside room was larger and a bit more private.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank SweetLeilani53
Reviewed 25 May 2015

I keep seeing people using the word 'relaxing' in Sharon's reviews, which is absolutely correct. We have such busy lives and didn't want to get caught in the bustle of Waikiki crowds. The beach close to the house looks like a dream come true with soft, almost white sand and aquamarine water, and it was never crowded.
Sharon's home has a nice pool in the sensational backyard and also looks out to a lovely canal, where we sat to watch the sunrise. Sharon was very nice and accommodating and seemed truly interested in us and our crazy lives we lead. We even were very fond of her sweet dog, Bailey. Sharon was always ready to help us with ideas of where to go and how to get there. The only thing I would change next time we go (and we definitely will!), would be to make sure we have a room with an adjoining bathroom.
We didn't rent a car, so we got around by The Bus mostly, Sunshine Shuttle and once a taxi. Once Sharon was on her way somewhere and very nicely gave us a ride! Within walking distance were two amazing restaurants that were featured on the Food Network--YUM!
We enjoyed talking to Sharon and look forward to seeing her again!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an adjoining bathroom
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple