“One week stay in November, 2016”
Review of Sharon's Serenity

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kailua
Sharon's Serenity
Ranked #6 of 13 Kailua B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 November 2016

What a wonderful location, and a wonderful experience. Sharon has done this for years and knows where to eat, shop and what to see like the back of her hand. For me, the biggest plus was the pleasant six block walk to the nicest beach I have seen in all my travels. Kailua Beach has miles of sand, palm trees and beautiful aqua marine colored water. It was not too crowded and the water was wonderful. I loved eery minute of my time at Sharon's Serenity!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 March 2016

This was my third time back at Sharon's and my husband's first time. We stayed March 17th - 24th, 7 days. We went for our 10 year anniversary. I was there 20 years ago, then 15 years ago and now. I am so glad Sharon's Serenity and Sharon are still there. We will not wait so long to come back again. It is like being at home. Sharon provides beach/pool towels, she has beach mats, snorkel gear and beach chairs and even coolers. We were in the pool room it was great, plenty of drawer space and closet space. I have stayed in all the rooms and they are all great. It is so nice to sit out in the back in the mornings, we loved hearing all the birds and you can hear the waves from the beach at night. The beach is about a 5-7 min. walk from Sharon's. If you need suggestions of places to eat, ask Sharon, she knows all the good places. We enjoyed visiting and sharing with Sharon after we would get back from shopping, other parts of the island or from eating. We went to the swap meet at Aloha Stadium and when we came back I showed Sharon all our goodies that we found (whether she wanted to see them or not) ;-) Us and some other guests kept Sharon up late a couple of nights all of us just visiting with her and getting to know each other. It was like being with family. And we had fun loving on little Bailey. He is such a good dog, he loves his walks and he will go with anyone who wants to take him for a walk. We chose full use of the kitchen, but we were on vacation, so.... we mainly used the fridge for milk so we could have quick cereal/coffee/tea in the mornings. We used a shelf in the pantry for some bread and snacks. We brought dinner back one night, we had gone to the grocery store and bought one of the whole roasted chickens and got baked potatoes from Wendy's (in Pearl City). Like I said, we were on vacation, so we weren't really into cooking full meals. Most of the time we had dinner out. You need to eat breakfast at Cinnamon's (try the Guava Chiffon Pancakes) and dinner at Buzz's (if you love seafood). Ask Sharon. They are both in Kailua. We had a WONDERFUL time, and we miss you Sharon and Bailey too and we hope to be back sooner than later. Thank you.

Room Tip: The "suite" uses the bathroom across the hall. Sharon does provide bath robes in that room...
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed 11 December 2015

My sister and I spent two nights at Sharon's serenity bed and breakfast. We had a very nice room with our own bathroom. It's an older home but very nice. For breakfast she served bagels or muffins with fresh fruit and yogurt. Great view in the backyard and also had a swimming pool. We were about a 5 min drive from the beach which was very beautiful. We were very close to some good restaurants. Sharon was a funny lady and made it a very nice visit.

Room Tip: My sister made the reservation so not sure about a tip.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Mallory_10
Reviewed 15 November 2015

This is my third stay with Sharon and it certainly won't be my last. Over the years we've become very good friends and it pains me to see a negative review. She works so hard to keep up the house and grounds and I've never been disappointed in the accommodations. Unfortunately, El Nino has taken away the tradewinds making it unbearably hot and since air conditioning is not usually required, it can be rather uncomfortable However, that is an issue that has no bearing on Sharon's Serenity. She tries to make it as comfortable as possible with fans and I appreciate her efforts.

Room Tip: My room is always Sharon's Blue Room--queen-size bed, ample drawer and closet space and in-room...
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Lenore M
Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

It smells like dog urine. The sheets are pilling. Sharon prepares the dog food at the same place she makes the breakfast. She makes no bones about her dislike of President Obama. There's a lot clutter in the house. There was a lot of grumbling from the other guests too. I'd rather stay else where. (I stayed there earlier than September 2014, but I didn't write a review until now.)

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank CharlottedeRuff
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kailua
33.7 km away
0.6 km away
Kailua Guesthouse
Kailua Guesthouse
#7 of 13 in Kailua

Been to Sharon's Serenity? Share your experiences!