“LOOK NO FURTHER!”

Add it.
Hook You Up Outfitters - Day Tours
Ranked #9 of 16 Tours in Kaneohe
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I went on a traditional knife and dog hunt with Sonny and his crew this week, and I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical regarding the touted 100% success rate on the island of Kauai. Sure, there are a lot of pigs on Kauai, but as any hunter knows, there is no such thing as guaranteed success, particularly when hunting such a cunning and wary animal. Irrespective, all of this outfit's reviews were resoundingly positive, so I figured "what the hell- they must be doing something right!", and went ahead and booked the hunt.

Well, after a full day with Sonny and Randall, the reason for the outfit's outstanding success rate became quite evident- these guys will literally stop at NOTHING to make your hunt a success! By most estimates, there are nearly 200,000 wild pigs on the island, but after being hunted by 60+ generations of REALLY good hunters, these pigs know EXACTLY what is going on when they hear/see a bunch of guys traipsing through the rain forest with knives and dogs :) In addition, there are a LOT of places for a pig to hide in Kauai's rugged terrain, and it took us nearly 10 hours of rigorous bushwhacking before we finally caught up with our quarry. In the end, our patience and persistence were finally rewarded when the dogs cornered a nice fat boar at the bottom of a ravine, and I will cherish the memory of those final moments for the rest of my days.

In conclusion, I have to say that these guys are true Hawaiian hunters, are absolutely TIRELESS, and if you have the drive and determination to climb up "one more ridge", you will almost certainly get your chance to bag a really nice pig. If the knife and dog style of hunting is something that appeals to your primal side, and you have the patience and endurance to see it through to the end, then look no further- I guarantee you will not find a more capable, competent, and likable crew.

Andrew J. Fletcher MD, JD

Reviewed 29 August 2016

Sonny did an awesome job of setting up a traditional Hawaiian style (knife & dogs) boar hunt on the island of Kauai. The terrain was tough, but the scenery was spectacular. Hiking shoes with spikes are highly recommended. The local guide and his dogs were amazing in locating the pigs in the valley. By late morning, we already had our quota of 2 pigs: a boar and a sow. The thrill of this type of hunt is unreal. Thanks Sonny, for an unforgettable trip!!

1  Thank james l
Reviewed 25 August 2014

If you want someone that will go above & beyond SONNY THATER & HOOK YOU UP OUTFITTERS is the way to go for all your guided hunting & fishing trips !!!!! Had a great time fishing & just hanging out . SONNY,CURTIS & STEVE will do their best to put you on the fish !!!! Thanks for all you did guys we will be back soon as we can,RANDY & CINDY