“Great Food”
Review of Julie'z Restaurant

Julie'z Restaurant
Ranked #66 of 149 Restaurants in Kapolei
Reviewed 5 October 2016

Very delicious Filipino food. Their fried rice was my kids' favorite. We had to ask the waitress what is recommend there and we ordered what she said. The pork something was good and even their desert drink was awesome. We went around 2 pm so the lunch rush hours were done, and we got good price, service and good food.

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

Trying different ethnic foods is fun and delicious. This place serves Phillipino dishes. The decor is minimalist. The cost is low. The food is tasty.

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

Visited here on the recommendations of some local residents. Sad on how bad this place it turned out. Was like eating in a garage with flies, unmatched dishes, lol. Ordered pinacbet(cold), adobo(swimming in (oil), lechon kawli(not fresh or Krispy skin,), and the highly regarded adobo fried rice very few pieces of adobo and no flavour. Sorry no match for that place in Waipahu.

Reviewed 7 March 2016

Arrived on a Sunday evening, for my second attempt to try this restaurant. (When I was told that I couldn't be served the first time due to an equipment failure, I innocently took it at face value).
70% full. Sign in, and wait to be seated...
15 minutes pass, without so much as an acknowledgement that we exist. Had the restaurant been busy, or even just large, I could understand. Had it been understaffed, again, I could understand. Instead, we were treated like we were invisible. There were about 15 customers, and at least 5 staff in the front of house. We didn't receive so much as a glance.
I now understand how it felt to be black during segregation. They really need a "No Whites Served Here" sign. As a long time resident of Hawaii, I have experienced racism against Caucasians occasionally. Never as blatant as it was here, however. To act as if we don't even exist? To refuse to seat us, with empty tables everywhere?
The Filipino family that came in after we had been ignored for 15 minutes was greeted warmly, and it was only then that I realized what was actually happening. I had assumed that most people in society at least attempt to hide their racism. And I've never experienced it from an entire business before, but there was no denying what happened.
As we left, I made sure to thank the staff. Loudly. Repeatedly. From the front of the restaurant. Every one of the customers heard me, of that I'm sure. Not one staff member, even those within 10 feet of me, even turned their head to acknowledge my simple "thank you!".
If you are Filipino, you may enjoy this restaurant. I will never know, nor will any of the visitors that I entertain.
If you want to know what racism really feels like, if you don't understand the term "white privilege", I recommend this place. It is enlightening. A great reminder of the sickness that is racism.
If you are just looking for a meal, there are places all over this island, Filipino, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, that will gladly show you the respect that every human being deserves. I would suggest trying them.
I normally avoid leaving bad reviews for a place that I only visit one time. I like to give the benefit of the doubt. The cook may have called in sick, equipment may have broken down, there are myriad reasons why a restaurant can have an off night. So, I have reserved my one and only negative review on TripAdvisor for a blatantly racist establishment that I will make sure all my friends, Filipinos included, know about.

3  Thank 8UKvisitor2015
Reviewed 12 February 2016

My family loves this restaurant, nice casual atmosphere. Buffet great value for the price. Try their red velvet pancakes and their Filipino desserts.