“Great if you like chili, I guess”
Review of Zippy's Restaurant

Zippy's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 73 Restaurants in Wahiawa
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I do not understand the fascination with this place. It was like a super simple, cheap Denny's. I thought it was terrible. Yes, the prices are great, but you get what you pay for. The people in my party who got chili really enjoyed it. I guess if you aren't very good at making chili then I can understand going to a restaurant for it. That said, I didn't go to Hawaii to eat chili. I had an omelet and it was not good. This would not be my list of restaurants to visit.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

This is my favorite mid-range restaurant. They have an extensive menu, as well as daily specials. Make sure you stop at the bakery on the way out.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

I had heard that Zippy’s is the McDonalds of Hawaii. The food here was great and it is like McDonalds but you get rice, chili’s, paco loco (egg, hamburger, and gravy) and many other combo choices. The portions were big and I would recommend to others.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

We have taken our kids here for the last 30 years. It has a simple menu and something for everyone young and old. It's like a Denny's restaurant for comparison. Decent food for a decent price.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

We stopped here on our way back to Honolulu after visiting the North Shore of Oahu, basically because we found it on Google Maps and wanted a quick, non-fancy dinner. This place was just right! Here we had our first experience with the Hawaiian "plate lunch." I had the chicken katsu plate with a salad on the side (not a macaroni fan). It was tasty food for a decent price, and that was all we required on this occasion!