“Humidity within the room”

Hotel Santa Fe Guam
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Tamuning
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Great Location with stunning sunset. We could even walk to the island opposite with only waist deep water. Breakfast at the bar next door was great. Limited choice but beach front location made it up. Everything was great except the humidity within the rooms was too much. Felt like 100% humidity during day and night. Even when it was sunny outside. Let alone those rainy days. I couldn't breathe as the air was stuffed with moisture. Can't open the patio door as it became too hot. So a warning to those who suffer respiratory disease or eczema, please look elsewhere as you would be like living in hell. This was my second time in this hotel after a long break, I gave it a second chance as I really like the location. Too bad the problem stayed. Initially I thought it was only individual room issue, I was totally wrong. I could hardly sleep and stay in the room as it was just too humid. They need a dehumidifier in each room to make the stay comfortable.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 July 2017

The location of this hotel is the best: directly at the beach, and just a few minutes away from the city center.
You can relax, go to the beach, have a dip in the water and go back to the room, change and go to the city.
The pool is also gorgeous and highly recommend it during sunset.

Room Tip: Keep the AC on full blast whenever you are out of the room to reduce humidity.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 25 July 2017

Thank you for the great review. We are looking forward to seeing you again at our hotel.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

The location is nice and quiet since it's not downtown but close enough. The room is not the fanciest- carpet is pretty dirty, shower is rusty, I saw a bug in the bathroom, etc. But the A/C is cold, can't beat the price, and the view was amazing.

Room Tip: The ocean view room is worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 17 August 2017

Thank you for your review. We will address the issues you mentioned and will make sure that you will not encounter the same on your next visit. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

We used it from June 9th to 12th. It was check-in at 2 o'clock in the midnight, but polite and friendly. The room was large enough. From the balcony we saw a beautiful sunset glow. The restaurant at the beach was delicious, the price was also appropriate. The pool is also wonderful. I was able to spend a relaxing time. And more kindly staff than anything else. It was the best hotel I have ever used. Especially Mr. Benny helped a lot. Miss. Ana kept my luggage. Miss. Miki sent me a towel when using the pool and called a taxi when I went out. I also helped with restaurant reservations. This hotel is undoubtedly the best hotel in Guam. I definitely will use this hotel for the next trip !!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 3 August 2017

Hafa Adai!

We appreciate your feedback! Most especially, we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for booking with us, & we look forward to having you in the future!

Reviewed 1 June 2017

This hotel is very reasonably priced and my room was clean, safe, air conditioned and had a small refrigerator in it. The laundry room was very useful and inexpensive. The staff were very helpful in taking care of my needs and providing all kinds of information to my numerous tourist questions. The hotel location was perfect to see the breath-taking sunsets. There is a good restaurant next door, Shirley's Restaurant, prices are about the same as other restaurants and the food was good. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have dive gear to dry ensure you get a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamuning
1.8 km away
2.7 km away
Verona Resort & Spa
Verona Resort & Spa
#17 of 20 in Tumon

Been to Hotel Santa Fe Guam? Share your experiences!