“Home-like Great for Family! ”

Alupang Beach Tower
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Tamuning
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

I was in Guam for work but wished I brought my family. I stayed in a suite which was a 3bd/2ba. Two of the rooms had two twin beds. There was an incredible amount of space as well as a washer/dryer inside the unit. I would say a family of 5-6 would be comfortable here. The kitchen was a good size with fridge and dishwasher. The location of the tower was great. It was about 10min to the airport and about 5min drive to the shopping areas. There are some places that were walking distance (in my opinion). There is also a small market/store across the street from the tower. The beach was right in front of the hotel and there was a place right next door where you could take advantage of some water sport activities. In my opinion this is a great place for families. I also liked that they had vending machines in the lobby. The staff did an amazing job at cleaning the rooms. The only downside was the inconvenience of one working elevator, the wifi in the room was okay. I couldn't stay on calls long enough and I couldn't download large files like a movie. If you're just browsing on the Internet, it works well. There is no "do not disturb" sign, and no information sheet. Also, no tours offered at this location. The place is a little out dated but that doesn't matter since the place has all the amenities you would need. The pool was nice and clean and open from 0700-11pm. This was a nice quiet and safe place. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because a few times I had a lot of things I was carrying in and the door I came through was heavy. I don't understand why it doesn't stay propped open. The staff observed me and didn't offer to help with the door. I saw a lady with a large cart of items struggling as well and no one offered to help her either. Other than that, great place for family. Recommendation: Bring detergent pods/dishwasher tabs. Soap is not provided to wash dishes.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Marcella M

Reviewed 12 March 2016

Place for military folks staying for a short time. Way overpriced for what you get. Location is okay. Rooms were very large and had great air conditioning. Staff was friendly. The beach access to jet skiing and other water sports is right there, so that is fun.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank SonoAgent007
Reviewed 2 February 2016

I loved it! The apartment is big and clean, and the furniture are really nice. Everything worked well and it really has all you need to enjoy your stay. The thing I loved the most is the view.. just stunning! The staff is welcoming and helpful. The facility has a pool, a Jacuzzi, a nice parking lot, and a gym (not suitable for avid lifter, but definitely fine for a quick workout). The location is also very nice. The building is literally on the beach (basically if you jump from the balcony you get into the water), right next to the building there is a water sports center, and it's 5 min drives from supermarkets, shopping malls, bars and clubs. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank Mattia M
Reviewed 24 December 2014

If your coming to Guam on a tight budget, maybe for work, for an extended period, then this place isn't bad. If your looking for a comfortable place to stay with your family with a good restaurant for a vacation then you may need to consider somewhere else. I went there alone, did a little grocery shopping and found the kitchen to be functional, the water pressure in shower was good, and plenty of hot water. Like the other reviews state, the place is outdated and run down, but if you go in knowing that, then you will find the room themselves to be clean and sufficient enough to call the place home for a short time. The Staff is very friendly and cooperative.
If you order room service to clean your room during your stay, it costs $100.00.
No wifi, but you are right on the beach.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jazbo1974
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Ok, this place has its pros and cons. Yes, it is outdated, but we couldn't believe how much space we had to relax-a two-bedroom with large living room. We didn't have any problems with internet or elements in the room. The staff was nice, set us up to get a car rental and answered our questions for our first trip to Guam. I would definitely consider staying here again for the price and the space.

Unfortunately, it is not close to the hub of activity or restaurants, but with a car rental, you can get to those things efficiently. The big road that it's on is so wide and busy but we seemed to manage, but a couple of cafes are on the other side. The pool was simple and just what my girls wanted. With the hotel not being as popular as others, we had the pool to ourselves a few times.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank christineiijima
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamuning
5.2 km away
Hotel Nikko Guam
#4 of 20 in Tumon
1.4 km away
Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort

Been to Alupang Beach Tower? Share your experiences!