1,310 results
All reviews gun beach private beach area japanese restaurant japanese families restaurants and shopping enjoyed my stay guam ocean souvenirs filipino
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

First of all, I have worked in a hotel before and I understand the standard of service that is supposed to be given.

We arrived an hour early and was hoping to check into our room early. The receptionist had to ask the person standing next to her to assist, without explaining or checking, said the rooms were not ready. I understand in this case that housekeepers are given an allotted time to clean all of the rooms and that checking in early in some hotels is not permitted. I personally felt it could have been handled better. So, we took a walk down the beach and got a drink at a local bar.

When we checked in at 3pm, the lady was polite. However, she just handed us our room key and that was it. No explanation as to where anything was in the hotel. No map, nothing.

Getting to the room, we were shocked at how dated the decor was. It was in serious need of some updating! Decor was very dated and only one pillow per bed, both which were very used and almost flat. Marks on the glass and mirrors. Best thing was the balcony which had a lovely view of Tumon bay.

Originally we picked this hotel as it was close to the event we were going too, reasonable price and thought it included breakfast (to find out in the morning, that it didn’t). For the same price we could have got a nicer room at the Hyatt!

If you’re looking for a night away in a basic room, then you’ve found the perfect place.
But this wasn’t for us.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank aprilharvay12
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel with our two kids (5 &7) in March 2018. We decided to stay at this hotel because of the good reviews (for the most part) on Trip Advisor. I would caution people looking to stay at this hotel and tell them to pay attention to the negative reviews. I’m not sure why this place is rated so highly. For the price that we paid, we expected a much higher standard of hotel. We could have booked the Hilton or Hyatt for the same price but we decided to stay at the Nikko because of the beach, water slide for the kids, and trip advisor reviews. The beach is the only thing I would recommend about this hotel.

With respect to the hotel room, ours was extremely dated and likely not renovated in 20 years. The rooms are lined with plush carpet which is a terrible idea for a beach hotel. The carpet was stained and the room smelled of mould. I can get over the smell given that it’s a tropical climate and there is high humidity but the room was down right filthy. There were boogers smeared on the bathroom wall and hair piled up in all corners of the bathroom.

What also irked me was the fact that the hotel nickel and dimes guests. We received two complimentary bottles of water when we checked in but none on day two or three. When I called housekeeping and asked if I could get two more bottles delivered but was advised that there would be a $1.19 charge. Water is only complimentary on day 1 and they don’t care if you stay there 7 nights.

The pool staff also strictly a very strange rule that swimming masks (just the mask, no snorkel) are not allowed. Only goggles are allowed. When I asked them what the difference is, they said that it is a hotel rule and goggles could be rented for $2.00. They don’t want you using your own swim mask so that you are forced to rent their goggles. This is another example of nickel and diming guests.

The dinner bufffet costs US $110.00 for two adults and two kids. Complete rip off.

Save the headache and stay at a reputable hotel for the same price. You will at least get a clean room and water.

Date of stay: March 2018
5  Thank Roam763073
Reviewed 5 March 2018

I stayed in the hotel for a week. Room need to be renovated. Bird waste all over the balcony. Breakfast buffet choice was limited as it's catered mainly for Japanese and Korean.

The beach was so peaceful and quiet. There is a Japanese restaurant opened for dinner which was really good.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Scooterelli
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed in too many 4/5 stars hotel with brand name and this shall be one of the worst 4/5 stars I ever stayed. Just same as some other reviews, room smell moldy and unwelcoming. Balcony full of birds poops (room is more welcoming to birds maybe). Hygiene is questionable especially Japanese should care about cleanliness a lot (hairs in wall corners...). Stayed in Westin, Lotte before both excel Nikko, except the view is just excellent, nearly perfect I would describe.

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank Mei C
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

It was long ago but I remember the hotel was really nice and fancy, it was very modern and has a nice swimming pool, I recommend you stay there! Especially for military members! It had gift shops and was located right on the beach, if I do ever go back to Guam I would go straight to that hotel

Date of stay: November 2017