All reviews walking distance an older hotel nice hotel shuttle mart
Reviewed 22 February 2018

I touched down at 1:30 am so I was very exhausted - just wanted to clean up and get to bed. The price for this place is reasonable, but it lacks a shuttle. It is very close to the beach - a major attraction for the many Japanese and Korean tourists who come to Guam in droves. My room was small and spartan and WiFi did not work (management apologized). The bed and bathroom were clean and reasonable, but limited. Bottom line: it's not a luxurious hotel, but it is okay. I came to Guam on business and stayed with my sponsors thereafter so I cannot describe how staying at this place over the course of a week would have worked out. But it likely would have been manageable, but not special.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Sunardi L, Owner at Grand Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Hafa Adai Frtw,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Grand Plaza Hotel.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenienced caused from the poor internet reception. Please rest assured we are in the process of upgrading our WiFi system to ensure such incident will not reoccur again.

Here at Grand Plaza Hotel, we strongly believe that it is our duty to provide all our guests with a warm and high level of hospitality service throughout their stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience. Please feel free to contact me directly at sli@wgguam.com if there's anything I can assist you with.

Best regards,

Sunardi Li, CHA
President

Reviewed 3 November 2017

I was homeless on and off for 10 years growing up in America, so I really don`t care to much if where I stay is the Ritz. I have lived in Guam and visit there often. I have stayed in a total of 3 different hotels, but Grand Plaza is where I end up going to every time. The beds aren`t in the best of shape, the building is old, but all very clean and the staff does, what ever is needed to make your stay a good one. We normally stay for 2 weeks so they really work around us. Good location, right by the beach and right next to all the shopping and restaurants, and just a short walk from K-mart.

Room Tip: stay for a week and get the discounted rate
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Fortherepsectoffood
Reviewed 10 July 2017

great price, great location close by to attractions and restaurants. the hotel was nice and clean. personnel were great and very helpful, parking was easy and secured with a guard 24/7. this hotel will be my 1st choice again on my next trip

Stayed: March 2017
Hiro T, マネージャー at Grand Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Thank you very much for staying with us this time. Thank you for a GOOD score!!!
Grand Plaza Hotel will be the best service in the economy class. We value our customers' opinions, and we will strive for even more cleanliness. Wi-Fi free from May 1, 2018 · We installed a kettle pot in each room
In Guam, we will strive to improve the service so that we can be a hotel of your choice.
All of our employees are looking forward to seeing you again. Thank you very much!

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Accessible to the beach, two blocks street walk. Also walking distance to the Tumon shopping areas. Hotel staff can arrange transport requirement including car rental company that fetches its client from/to hotel. Limited choices for hotel restaurant, you need to go nearby cafes and restaurants.

Room Tip: Family room with two rooms is convenient and cost effective for a group of four to five persons.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Hiro T, マネージャー at Grand Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Thank you very much for staying with us. I am sorry that our reply was very late.
Grand Plaza Hotel is at the heart of Tumon Bay and is conveniently located for everything.
Wi-Fi free from May 1, 2018. We installed a kettle pot in each room.
Please feel free to ask the front desk what you need. We will be happy to assist you.
We are looking forward to seeing you again, soon.
Again, Thank you very much.

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Disadvantage: If you are looking for a place which provides efficient Wi-Fi, then this is a wrong place for you to stay. I stayed for four nights in April 2017 and the wifi was so slow that sending a text via WhatsApp was problematic!!

Location: The beach is only 100 metres away. Also, the hotel is surrounded by lots of cafes and restaurants.

Room: No problem, clean and comfortable. Partial ocean view, we can even see a nice sunset. Not sure why the air-con is placed near the floor, which makes your legs really cold while sleeping.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Hiro T, マネージャー at Grand Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Thank you very much for staying with us this time.
The condition of Wi-Fi was bad and it made it very unpleasant. Deeply apologize. We upgraded the Wi-Fi system on May 1st.
I would like to make your opinion more useful for employee education.
We are looking forward to seeing you again, soon.