No See Um Lodge
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in King Salmon
See available hotels
View Hotel
Excellent 5/5
    All reviewsfly fishingtroutmany yearsfavorite destinationthese guysworld classeach morningspent a weekhoffmanjohnsafetylocationsdreamaccommodationsclientsexperiencelodge
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 29 June 2017

It's horribly addictive to come to No See Um Lodge. A few months back, I was looking at some pics, and next thing I know I'm on the phone with John looking to see if he can squeeze me in anywhere. The best part is, last time was my first time fly fishing. This time, I started to really find my mojo. There were "trout bums", 2 women and a few recreational fishermen on our trip. It's definitely all about the fish...BUT food, people, staff, atmosphere and planes are simply awesome. I worried about going solo, but the folks that came were super. I just can't wait till the next time.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
    Reviewed 28 September 2016

This was my 2nd time at NoSeeum and it really exceeded my expectations. It all starts with the dedication exemplified by owner, pilot, guide and overall great guy John Holman. John separates himself from many lodge owners by being very hands on and very accessible, both in setting up your trip and in making sure each day is terrific. Accommodations are comfortable, food is outstanding and his crew is amazing. The two other pilots Steve and Chris are superb, and Chris is also a dedicated and experienced fishing guide. The other guides, lead by Caleb who has many years of experience, were fun to fish with, very good teachers and very patient. Two incredible details of this trip were an early morning flight to a river known for huge rainbows, getting there first before any other lodge, and hooking some fish of a lifetime with Chris' tremendous help. The second great experience was our final day. The fishing was a bit slow, so Caleb decided that we should hit another river before heading back to the lodge. It would have been much easier for pilot and guide to call it a day and go back to the lodge directly, but Caleb asked Steve to fly into a well known spot and try to fish it for our remaining time. This turned out to be a wonderful idea, as almost every cast produced a nice trout and my last cast of the entire week provided my largest fish of the day. Just a wonderful experience and one I hope to repeat in the future. The entire lodge staff works so hard to provide great experiences.

Room Tip: all rooms double occupancy
    • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
    Reviewed 6 September 2016

John runs a great operation. We caught huge rainbows on a variety of rivers. Each day was something totally different than the last. Our travel agent wasn't exactly clear that this is primarily a fly fishing lodge. However, the guides got him casting and catching with only a few bloody knuckles. By the end of the week, he caught several 27 inch rainbows. Meals were great and the lodge staff catered to every need, right down to an early wake up with your choice of beverage. The silver salmon fishing was a little slow but that's not the lodge's fault. Once you realize all that goes into making a remote fly out lodge run, you will come to appreciate the value of what initially might be a bit of sticker shock. No see um is the best and they are comparably priced with other lodges in the area. If I could afford it, we'd be back every year. My only criticism would be that the guides should have nets to shorten the fight on big rainbows and help get them positioned for a photo.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
    Reviewed 25 August 2016

This is absolutely the best fishing lodge ever. One guide per two guests, and float plane trips to the best streams and rivers in Alaska. The fishing is amazing, many over 25 inch rainbow trout. The guides just could not be nicer or more helpful regardless of skill level. The lodge is beautiful and extremely comfortable and include hot tub and sauna. All inclusive including alcohol.

Stayed: August 2016
    Reviewed 23 August 2016

No See Um lodge is a first class operation. John and his staff are knowledgeable, friendly and know the rivers and area. Their three boat planes allow you to cover a lot of ground from a single location. The lodge has limited spots and the plane allows everyone to go in different directions and fish some of the best rivers Alaska has to offer. We caught a lot of fish and on occasion enjoyed a shore lunch. We fished primarily rainbow trout but one day chased the silvers. It was great fun! The wild life and scenery aren't bad either. When your not fishing you can relax at the lodge and enjoy first class food and drink. Might even be a few good fish stories. Everyone of the staff will bend backwards to make sure you are taken care of and enjoy your trip.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends