“Delicious neighborhood gem!”

Ranked #1,114 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Neighbourhood: Mission District
Neighbourhood: Mission District
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Staying the week in the Mission District and stopped in here on our first night. Wow. Everything we had was absolutely delicious. We had the Pho, the tempora mushrooms, fried rice, steam buns, Albacore sashimi, and garlic green beans for the 4 of us. We couldn't believe how much we ate! Everything came out hot from the kitchen as it was prepared and we left very full and happy.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We had a delicious meal at the Spice Jar. The seaweed salad was fresh and flavorful my husband said the salmon was delicious, organic and very tasty. My ramen was oh so satisfying and delicious. We sat next to another couple at a community table and it was like going out for dinner with old friends. The owner was attentive and we were well cared for. All in all a wonderful meal.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We got to the restaurant and were excited: The space is beautiful and beautifully decorated. The staff was friendly and service was good. And when the food arrived it looked great and seemed to be made from quality ingredients.

BUT: None of the things we ordered were particularly yummy. There were four of us and we all felt that the dishes we ordered were lackluster and quite bland (surprising given the name of the restaurant). The restaurant was also rather loud, making it hard to keep up a conversation.

All in all, I don't think I would go back there.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

Great spot for lunch. I had the generous and tasty chicken pho and a delicious coconut pudding dessert. Friendly service. Pretty dining space - lots of warm wood and window in a cozy open kitchen layout on the corner of Bryant and 23rd.

Reviewed 29 January 2017

A friend and I went to The Spice Jar and shared several dishes:

Garlic green beans: Very flavorful and well cooked
Albacore carpaccio: Unique and delicious (even if you're not a jalapeno person)
Seaweed salad: HUGE PORTION and well mixed
Seven spiced salmon: Eh, not my favorite, though not bad
Aonori garlic fries: Really great and nice to share

We both had a great time, as the food was delicious and the ambiance was nice. I want to go back and try more things!