“Average area”

Ranked #125 of 727 things to do in San Francisco
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This electric neighborhood of 100,000 people is not to be missed, and it's not hard to find: listen for the clack of mahjongg tiles and nose out the salty spicy squid.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Large block of Chinese stores and restaurants but not as nice as London or other cities. If it’s on your way then you might as well pass by there

Write a ReviewReviews (6,108)
All reviews
"chinese food"
in 128 reviews
"dim sum"
in 155 reviews
"grant street"
in 102 reviews
"the fortune cookie factory"
in 107 reviews
in 41 reviews
"culture"
in 270 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Some great eateries and shops as well as street art and fab San Fran Chinatown atmosphere! The architecture is cool too.

1  Thank glennharrold
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Wander up and down the street with plenty of Chinese stores selling everything from clothing to jewellery to souviners.plently of places to eat and drink along the way. Very busy .

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I was here for my second time. Maybe it is not so big like in NY, but I enjoed it as well. It was super!

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

While it's cool seeing other cultures, this wasn't the most amazing part of the trip for me. I tried the buns and stuff in a few locations, and while they were pretty good, I don't really think they cared if they gave me what I ordered. I had to walk several blocks to find a trash can, which was annoying because I refuse to litter, but it clearly helped me to understand why it was so dirty there. Also, everyone seems to chain smoke, so if that's the kind of thing that bothers you, make it a quick trip.
I did find an adorable outfit for my son there for only $14, so that was a plus.
In my opinion, it was worth the trip, but I wouldn't stay for much more than an hour, tops.

1  Thank Jana B