Lowest prices for your stay
US$239
US$219
Official Hotel
US$219
PricelineUS$239
Hotels.comUS$219
eDreamsUS$239
All reviews free parking market street great location public transportation tram stop restaurants and bars fantastic stay walking distance clean rooms easy access would definitely stay here again great room fisherman's wharf union square few blocks becks centro
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 July 2021 via mobile

Our stay started out disappointing and ended the same. We got to the hotel 25 minutes before check in time and was told I could go ahead and let him run my card and that my room was ready, but if I wanted the room keys I would have to wait the 25 minutes or pay $40. So, we sat in the car and waited 25 minutes (such a great start to our SF stay). Also FYI, you ring a doorbell and do all your business while standing outside the office door, as they don't let you in the office.

The other HUGE problem we had was that we couldn't control the A/C (there was no A/C) and we could only have heat (as long as it was within their controlled settings). I've NEVER stayed at a hotel where it listed you had A/C and you didn't. It was controlled by the hotel. Our room was so hot and stuffy! None of the 4 of us got good sleep the 3 nights we stayed because it was too hot, and we didn't have the noise of the A/C that usually drowns out hotel sounds (there were MANY -you could hear everything outside the windows and above us). We were sweating while getting ready and had to prop our door open many times to get some air. I discussed this with 2 different people who worked there and they said they'd pass my info along to the owner. It's been almost a week and haven't heard from her (great customer service, right?!).

The plusses were the colors/decor of the hotel. It was really a cute hotel and room (although the carpet was stained and would be better if replaced with laminate). Also, the free parking and the location were great. I would only recommend this hotel if they started letting people control their own climate (thought this was a given in hotels).

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank tmw9482
Reviewed 19 July 2021 via mobile

Great location in Castro. Very clean rooms and nice bathroom and showers. Totally updated in retro fashion. I love the decor and feel of a motor lodge but modern. Very friendly staff. Walking distance to restaurants and coffee shops and gay bars of course. Street car across the street takes you to fisherman’s warf. So very convenient for folks wanting to see the sights and enjoy the city. We have a nice experience. And once again — Very clean rooms.

Room tip: Parking is free. Extra bonus!
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2021

Beck’s is the perfect place to stay in The Castro. it is walking distance to Milk Plaza, Whole Foods, and public transportation. The staff is helpful and friendly. The newly renovated rooms are comfortable and well maintained l

Room tip: Quieter rooms are in the back.
Reviewed 30 June 2021 via mobile

Beck’s is worth the money! Prime location in the Castro. Updated and clean. New owners did a great job. Was nice to walk from the hotel to restaurants and bars of the Castro. I would recommend the hotel.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2021 via mobile

Fun clean place if you're in the neighborhood or out of town and dont want to go home nice remodeled rooms great neighborhood for bars and restaurants. You'll definitely have fun in the Castro district

Date of stay: May 2021