Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$296
HolidayInn.com
US$360
US$242
Agoda.com
  • Pool
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$242
InterContinental
  • Room Service
US$370
US$287
Official Site
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$354/night.

da Vinci Villa(San Francisco)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$224
US$219
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Chancellor Hotel on Union Square(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$206
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$268/night.

Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$239
US$219
Official Site
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$261/night.

The Alise San Francisco - A Staypineapple Hotel(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$279
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$182
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$232/night.

US$354
US$333
Cancelon
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsfree breakfastbunk bedscommunal areasunion squaretenderloinairport shuttleprivate bathroomyour luggagearound the cornercentral locationdormcurtainsprivacysfcitybackpackersalley
Reviewed 9 November 2017

I had to stay at this hostel because room availability for my San Francisco visit was extremely limited because there was a huge conference in the city, so this was my only option.

I felt uncomfortable at every moment during my visit. I had trouble storing my luggage in my assigned room so I had to leave it the hostel's storage facility across the street, and had to go back and forth but I was dependant on the receptionist's availability.

They offer free breakfast (well, bagels) and dinner (I didn't even know what they served the three nights I was there). Towel rentals are $1 but there are no place to hang them after using.

I did not like the security system, it made me feel that at any time some stranger could easily get in and steal things (although it did not happen to me while staying there).

The bathrooms were clean, though, something I appreciated. And I would say that the hostel was clean in general. If you're on a budget, yes, I would recommend this hostel (hey, it does have hundreds of positive reviews). I guess it was just me that did not enjoy staying there.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

We have booked a private room at the adelaide hostel. When we got there we were told that our room is actually at their 'sister hostel' - hotel dakota.

To be fair, I will not complain about the room much, because you get what you pay for. However keep in mind that the room is very far from being comfortable, to say the least.

What bothered us the most was the noise. The noise from street was very loud and I can hardly imagine anybody being able to sleep well there with such noise.

At least their manager was fair enough to let us checkout after this horrible night and gave us a refund for the other 2 nights we booked.

Keep in mind that if you book the adelaide hostel you might be actually booking the dakota hotel and nobdoy is going to tell you that.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2017

The price is terrific. The place is perfectly funky and worn, while having anything a budget traveler would need. Helpful staff, common areas to lounge, a kitchen for included breakfast and your own cooking, lockers in the bunk rooms (bring your own lock). The staff get up events -- movies, meals, etc. -- and will help with other kinds of arrangements. Oh, and the WiFi is excellent.

Room Tip: Choice of private or dormitory style sleeping
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Last minute booking, great price for location. I stayed for 4 nights, upon arrival i was alocated the upper bunk after sussing out the situation i noticed there was a free bed on the lower bunk and asked the receptionist if i could possibly change beds as i am quite a tall fella and rising at 5am might be a recipe for disaster. She was very helpful and fulfilled my request. The bunks themselves are next gen compared to some of the hostels I've stayed in, bed, pillow and sheets were A+. They had a drape dividing the front of your nook for privacy which was great if you wanted to use the light inside your bunk and also stopped the late night/ early morning stragglers waking you up (kind of). they had a lamp and two power sockets within your bunk and two located within your storage locker under the bed which i thought was unreal being able to charge my camera locked up safely while i was out and about! I didn't really spend much time in the hostel leaving early morning and coming back at night but the amenities were great lots of seperate bathrooms (not communal) which was great. Decent breakfast in the morning to save you a couple of pennies. I had a hire bike during my stay and they were able to safely lock it up for me in storage. The area is pretty decent walgreens located right next door and two blocks from union square. City itself was littered with homeless and beggars so i wasn't too fussed when i saw a few locals hindering the block. Conclusion ... If your wanting to visit San Fran on a solo mission this is a very warm and multi cultural place to rest your head, you will meet people from all around the globe and for a price that can't be beaten within the location.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Shawry24
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Where do I begin? The receptionists in the day time were great, the set up of the place is a bit weird but the building is cool and has an old San Francisco feel that I loved. The location right by Union Square was great, and if I walked up the hill I got lots of amazing views. Only downside is that if you aren't paying attention or walk to far the wrong direction you could find yourself in the bad parts of the Tenderloin in just a little bit of time. Would stay again for sure!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo