“Great B&B in the Mission District”

The Inn San Francisco
Ranked #6 of 72 San Francisco B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 July 2016

The Inn San Francisco is a great B&B in the Mission District. The stately building is filled with the historic charm that I expected from a B&B but not over done.
My room (37) was roomy and nicely decorated. I loved having the windows open to catch the breeze...very nice for sleeping.
No air conditioning but it's not needed in the moderate temperature of SF. Also, no elevator so select your room on your interest in walking...I liked the 3rd floor which helped me get extra steps on my fitbit!
This is a quiet place to stay, best for adults and families with older children. There's a pleasant outdoor patio area with several seating areas just off the first floor and a roof top area that is accessible by a circular staircase with a bird's-eye view of the neighborhood.
The breakfast was a buffet of fruits, quiche and breads (both baked on site) and many other choices. Other B&Bs that I've stayed in serve a large sit down breakfast, which is fine, but I enjoyed picking what I really wanted at The Inn SF.
The staff at The Inn SF were friendly, helpful and attentive...Lenny gave me a map with the many restaurants within walking distance in the Mission District.
I look forward to my next stay at this B&B.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the building are quieter so better for sleeping since you'll have the windo...
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 25 July 2016

This Inn turned out to be an absolute delight for my wife and I as we had zero expectations going in. We were given a room on the mail floor that was clean, spacious and very well appointed with period pieces from the Victorian Era. So authentic yet with some modern amenities such as shower/tub and TV as well as WiFi.
The breakfast was over the top with Quiche, Charcuterie, Apple pie and more. Very European.
I highly recommend this Inn. The owner, Marty Nealy is very friendly and engaging.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

We came here for my husbands birthday celebration.This is a beautiful,one of kind bed & breakfast. Perfect location. Walking distance to Valencia Street. Gorgeous, true to the era decor and architecture. Large rooms. Gracious & very accommodating staff. Super clean, comfortable & quiet. Great library of San Francisco history/story books to read with classical music playing softly in the background. Fabulous breakfast of every variety you could dream of, including fresh home baked apple pie.
Great shower water pressure. Well loved private garden, including hot tub. Rooftop lounge and views!!!
Great place to recharge and enjoy everything San Francisco has to offer! Much better than staying at a hotel or air b&b. We'll be back! Thank you Marty and your sweet staff!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2016

Fresh flowers in your room, beautiful candle-lit breakfast buffet, late-night sherry waiting for you after a tour of San Francisco. We found this place about eight years ago, back when the Mission district was a little dodgy, but we were rewarded with Marty's out-standing hospitality, and the care and attention that goes into every detail. We've been going back once or twice a year since - whenever we get to SF. Love everything about the experience - very personal and welcoming.

Room Tip: Stairs are steep, so just first floor if necessary.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2016

Great atmospheric place. I like to come back here whenever I can. Always a pleasure to indulge in the scrumptious breakfast and the gentle accompaniment of classical music.
Rooms are well organized and the beds are to dream in :-)

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank comme_un_oiseau
Mermer89, Owner at The Inn San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2016

Thank you for staying with us. Love for you to come back soon.