“Pasto delizioso!!”

Betty Lou's Seafood and Grill
Ranked #97 of 5,974 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$14 - US$45
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Description: Casual, no frills, family restaurant with friendly vibe serving San Francisco classics including cioppino, sand dabs, wok crab and even a great steak. There's something for everyone!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you like the feel of a casual, neighborhood restaurant, this is the place for you. It's not fancy, but the food is fabulous. Call ahead to make a reservation because seating is limited. Do yourself a favor, get the cioppino. It's pricey, but because we had heard it was a San Francisco delicacy, we decided to try it. It is loaded with seafood: crab, shrimp, mussels, calamari, clams, and much to my delight a couple of large scallops. The tomato based sauce has a rich depth of flavor and is great for dipping the accompanying sourdough bread. Because the cioppino is served as a huge portion, consider splitting a salad (we recommend the Shrimp Louie) along with the entree.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We happened to be in San Francisco on my husband's birthday and wanted to eat someplace different - not the usual, generic experience. He wanted seafood, I wanted steak so where should we go? We went to Betty Lou's and we are so happy we did! We felt like locals who were let in on a secret hot spot. Our meal started with this AMAZING bread - YUM! Our server recommended the shrimp cocktail and my husband said it was the best cocktail sauce he'd ever had. And the size of the shrimp - huge! My husband had the seafood risotto and was astounded by the amount of seafood in the dish. I had the steak and it was soooo flavorful, but too large. Then again, that was a perk because I took 1/2 of it home and got to have it for lunch the next day. Our server was great. When he heard it was my husband's birthday, all of a sudden, another beer was delivered. The whole staff was very attentive to all of the customers in the restaurant. I would definitely eat here again and bring friends.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We dined at Betty Lou's at the recommendation of our hotel concierge. The restaurant is very small and quaint and it's fun to watch Hector, the chef, prepare the dishes. The seafood was amazing! I ordered the scallop and prawn saute. The portion was huge as were the prawns and scallops. The dish was definitely shareable! My husband ordered the petrale. Both dishes were some of the best seafood we've ever had. Neither of us could finish our meals; there was just so much food at such an affordable price. We sat at a small table in the room where the chef was preparing the food adjacent to a small counter area that seated about 4. Would be fun to sit at the counter and watch the dishes being prepared. We loved this place and so glad it was recommended to us! Will definitely return on our next visit to San Francisco.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

if you are searching through T.A. looking for a great seafood spot this is your place. Great food and service. From the moment we arrived we were greeted with a warmth and felt right at home. The cioppino was phenomenal and loaded with fish, the oysters were fresh and my wife’s linguini with clams was equally delicious. Very cool little spot in North Beach. You can’t go wrong. Say hi to Betty and Louise while you are there.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Totally great evening. Betty treated us to family style meal and everything was scrumptious I highly recommend