We stayed here in May 2017, at the final leg of a trip through California. Having a car, the main draw to this hotel was its free parking for guests, which turned out to be quite the Godsend with how limited and ridiculously expensive it is to park in San Francisco. There's a car park by reception straight off the street, as well as one on the next level up which can be accessed by Houston Street round the corner.
The receptionist when we first arrived wasn't exactly the friendliest person we have come across but, being on holiday, you can just laugh and move on from things like that. The room and hotel in general were fine, a bit dated but not worn out with anything broken. Just a bit 80s / 90s aesthetically. A good place to have as a base that you only sleep in before heading out again in the morning.
With its location on Columbus Avenue, a lot of the city was within easy reach by foot and so you could easily just leave your car in the car park. Ten minutes of walking later, there are some lovely restaurants worth going to on Union Street like Don Pistos.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Columbus Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Columbus Motor Hotel San Francisco
- Columbus Hotel San Francisco
- Columbus Motel San Francisco
- Columbus Motor Inn San Francisco