“Cool House in a Great Location”

Noe's Nest Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #15 of 72 San Francisco B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 December 2017

Stayed here towards the end of October and thoroughly enjoyed my two nights, in this really charming home thanks to my lovely and beautiful hosts Shelia and Cindy. My room was very comfortable and straight away I felt I was staying with family not strangers
In terms of location it is very easy to get to with a just a short walk from the train station, and after a yummy breakfast there is plenty to see either on foot with the colourful Castro District just down the road, or just a short Uber ride away for example the Haight – Ashbury District (my highlight was seeing the apartment that Jimmy Hendrix used to live in) and it’s also very easy to get into downtown by train
The house is filled with an array of interesting photos and artefacts from Shelia’s life and her career in the fashion and entertainment industry with a story behind every piece, and also a relaxing garden for you to chill in. There are private tours available around San Fran by Shelia, who is very proud of and engaged in her community and has a wealth of knowledge to share … trust me the lady has connections lol … and I’m looking forward to returning again one day.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Cindy T, Manager at Noe's Nest Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

We're looking forward to it too! It was a blast hosting you and sharing the spirit of the '60s -- we like to think Jimi wrote Electric Ladyland for our place. Can't wait to see you again the next time you're in San Francisco!

Reviewed 16 November 2017

First of all, this guesthouse is not for people who love standardised and sanitised hotels. It is in old house full of personal items. Some people would call it weird. It is located in nice neighbourhood 5 minute walk from BART station. We were upgraded to Sheila's Chapeau Room with balcony. Unfortunately had to leave early morning and didn't have chance for breakfast. Overall we enjoyed stay in this extravagant space. That afternoon was raining, so we couldn't enjoy paradise garden fully.

Stayed: November 2017
Cindy T, Manager at Noe's Nest Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Ezis, I really appreciate you sharing your support for what we do here, and I'm so happy you're a fan of the decor and the atmosphere we've created. It was wonderful having you, and I hope you'll be back for another stay sometime in the future -- you're always welcome here.

All the best,

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed for 2 weeks at Noes Nest.
And by the end of my stay I didn't want to leave
Shiela is an amazing host , she understands her guests and makes everyone feel so welcome and special

Her place is eclectic & very tastefully done. She is so stylish and effortless , she is inspiring to be around.

Her recommendations for restaurants, events, tours were amazing

I stayed in 2 rooms , Shiela's chapeau & the view. And they are both very beautifully decorated.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Cindy T, Manager at Noe's Nest Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Thanks so much for sharing this experience! I'm so happy to hear you loved your stay with us so much and it's awesome that you got to enjoy the atmosphere of two different rooms while you were here. You were a stellar guest, and we're so grateful that you chose to spend your time here with us. Thanks again -- we can't wait to welcome you back next time!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Sheila Ash has opened her amazing home as a B& B and we were so
Lucky to find it! She is a warm, interesting, wonderful woman, who provides so much more than a place to sleep. You will not be sorry if you choose it, even though you will have a ride to downtown and all attractions.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Thank Edward and Kare... L
Cindy T, Manager at Noe's Nest Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Edward and Karen, we're the lucky ones! It's wonderful that you found us and that you enjoyed your stay. I can't wait to let Sheila know what you said -- she'll be thrilled that she was such a great part of your visit. We hope to see you again -- if you're ever in San Francisco, our home is your home.

Best,

Reviewed 24 April 2017

This was a good place to stay if you are looking for something a bit different. Beautiful back garden to sit in if you have extra time, the house is located on a quiet street. Parking was a bit of a gong-show. Nice continental breakfast is included with your stay. Our room was on the main floor, right beside the kitchen which made it a bit loud for us and it just didn't feel very private. It was very tiny and I had to climb over my husband to get in and out of bed which was a bit of a pain. I don't think we would stay here again, but it's more that we prefer the larger, big hotels for privacy and seclusion. The house was very interesting, very cluttered with lots to look at.
Sheila was a delight, and we did enjoy meeting and speaking with her.

Room Tip: As for an upper floor room.