“Clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl... bucket list item! ”
Review of Chowder Hut Grill

Chowder Hut Grill
Ranked #204 of 5,826 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

There are two ways to try this place. You can line up in the front and order your soup and find a table or you can go around back where it's less busy generally and you get served instead. Either way, they are pretty quick with your food. The food is phenomenal! I've eaten here every time I visit this area, are there better bowls of clam chowder out there? Probably but this is very very good and worth a visit!

Reviewed 30 July 2017

The crab chowder/sourdough bread bowl was fantastic and the king do loved their fish and chips too. Seated straight away despite being v busy and service was great too

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

A good place for a quick bite. There is an option for service while seated, but there is an option for self serve where you order at the window and wait for your order. We ordered fish and chips, calamari, and clam chowder bread bowl. Fish and chips were average, but the clam chowder and calamari were delicious.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

My husband & I were on vacation. We were hungry & stopped in for a quick bite to eat. Little did we know that we would spend almost 1 hour of our precious vacation time waiting to eat at this disappointing restaurant. The waiter forgot that we ordered food & asked what we ordered again. Then said, "I'm sorry it's my fault. I took care of your drinks". The waiter comped our happy hour beers that totaled $9, but we paid over $22 for the food that took almost an hour to get. When I asked to speak with the manager, the server said "really".
The manager came over with the server to the table. I said, "I don't think that I should have to pay for the food that took a long time to get". The server said, "You see how busy it is here". When we ordered the food it was not busy at all; however, by the time we got our food, it was the dinner rush time. Then both the manager and server said "We can't do that." I do not recommend this place. Terrible customer service!

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Had a fantastic chowder bowl, fish and chips and calamari here! Was super good and fresh tasting! Definitely recommend coming here!