All reviews rooftop deck fisherman's wharf one bedroom suite cable car hyde street well equipped kitchen full size refrigerator spacious living room great location ghirardelli square buena vista first floor two blocks irish coffee within walking distance can't beat the location three blocks
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Our visit was delightful. Other than the 'quirky' internet & network connection, the only possible improvement would be if the unit was ready a bit earlier than the regular 4:00 check-in time. Our flight was early and, though we dropped off our luggage, we had a fair bit of time to kill. The staff was great, and this was the first time I can remember the 'consumables' being replaced every morning. We look forward to our next stay at "Suites...."

Zach Kaplan

Room Tip: I would probably opt for an upper floor again - closer to the rooftop patio and views.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Picker57
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Pros: Kitchen with full facilities, large sofa bed for our three kids, free wi-fi, on-site laundry; friendly and very helpful staff. Bus stops and cable-car stops near by. Walking distance to the Wharf. Supermarkets are 10 minutes walk away. Roof-top can view the bay.

Cons: Beware if you're light sleeper - it could be too noisy for some as the suites is just located along the street where cable-cars pass by frequently. Some parts of our room floor would make noise when we stepped on. The sliding bathroom room door can't be locked. There is only one very tiny elevator so if you have many big piece of luggage, it will not be very convenient to move them up and down.

Nevertheless, we would still recommend to the family with children who prefer a fully furnished place to stay near the Wharf area.

Room Tip: 3rd floor facing north can have sea view (part of)
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank chioi1922_2
Reviewed 19 December 2011

My wife and I, along with my mother in law, had planned to stay at the hotel for 4 nights during our recent visit to San Francisco but shortly after arrival decided to leave the next morning. For several weeks prior to our visit I had followed the reviews here on TA and due to the glowing reviews perhaps my expectations were a bit unrealistic. First of all the place isn't at all impressive from outside looking more like a parking garage than a hotel. But in all fairness most reviews noted this but what wasn't noted was the unimpressive decor on the inside. The concrete balconies surrounding the inner courtyard are plain and cold...it reminded me of an Alcatraz cell block. The room itself is indeed spacious but it feels "sterile". The carpets are a very strange pattern of dark "dashes" which, to us, wasn't easy on the eyes. I had requested a room with a view, but when I opened the blinds I was shocked to find myself staring at a bare wall only a few feet away. There is somewhat of a veiw from the rooftop, but again the furnishings there are cold and uninviting. Perhaps a family with children might appreciate the kitchen rendering the ability to prepare meals in-house, but don't book this hotel expecting any charm or elegance. It has a bare bones apartment like feel...adequate but nothing special. I will say the staff was very gracious and friendly not holding us to the 72 hr. cancellation policy.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank dme12373
Reviewed 30 November 2011

The Suites at Fisherman's Wharf was built as apartments decades ago, but the property has been nicely refurbished. The 24 units are located around a central indoor courtyard, with comfy chairs and a soothing fountain. Our 1 BR unit with full kitchen faced the nearby houses, so there wasn't any "view" - from the unit. (It was very quiet.) Some units do have balconies. The property has a roof-top terrace with a great view north to the Bay - and Alcatraz Island. The Suites are ideally situated on both bus and cable car lines, with an easy walk to two grocery stores. Great restaurants in the Fisherman's Wharf area are just down the street, along with all that there is to do in that area.

Room Tip: The building is built with the lobby being the ground floor, so floor 1 is up one level, and so on. Units on the north and west sides (facing North Point and Hyde Streets) might be noisy, due to bus and cable car traffic. Get a room on the top floor, so you wouldn't have people above you (for the noise).
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ForReality
Reviewed 29 November 2011

This hotel is fantastic. The location is the big attraction to this hotel. It is within walking distance to the fishamans wharf area. I started off my two week road trip of the states with 3 nights in San Francisco and couldnt have asked for a better start to the trip.
Pros of this hotel: Location- Only a 2 minute walk to the main fishamans wharf area. Across the street from Gary Danko Restaurant. Cable cars and bus stop right outside door. Spacious rooms and comfortable bed. Freindly staff. Roof top balcony had amazing views of the bay.

Cons:
The cable cars were a bit noisy as they are right outside hotel but thats a part of being in San Francisco. Did not affect sleeping as bedroom is away from front window.
Looked plain on the outside. But dont let exterior make your mind up. This place was just as good and cheaper than staying in an expensive hotel.

Overall would definately recomend that you consider this little gem!

Room Tip: Try to request a top (3rd Level) room for better views of the bay
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank aussiepete26