We been to San Francisco many times, as it is one of our favorite cities, so stayed 7-nights over spring break with family, in a 2-bedroom timeshare condo exchanged through Interval International.
LOCATION and PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
The condo is in the perfect location, one block from Ghirardelli Square. About a 5-minute walk to the Wharf area and 10-minute walk to Pier 39. Public transportation is so convenient—the Powell-Hyde cable car and MUNI buses both have stops literally right outside the front door! Grocery store (Safeway and Trader Joes) are 5 blocks away. Get yourself a MUNI pass (1, 3, 7 day) which will let you get around the city; note it does not cover BART, which is the train to/from SFO. We picked up our 7-day pass ($42 each) at information booth in baggage claim. Don’t forget to also pick up a $3 MUNI map with bus/cable car routes.
We rented a car so we could visit family in Sacramento and took a couple of other day trips during our stay. There is limited parking (about 15 spots for 25 condos). Parking is $22 a day. If you are lucky (like us), once you get your spot, you have it the rest of your stay. If not, supposedly you can park in a nearby (more expensive) public lot temporarily until a spot opens later during your stay. If are not planning to leave the city, DON’T bother with a car; you’ll just pay a lot for parking.
* Renovated, good-size condo, especially for SF. Very clean.
* Beds: 1 king-size, 1 queen-size, large sofa bed.
* Roof-top terrace with gorgeous unobstructed view of the bay and Alcatraz
* 2 washers & dryers near lobby ($1.50 each), though 1 dryer was broken
* Large in-room safe
* Kitchen: 2-burner, fridge, toaster, microwave, blender, dishwasher, dishes and utensils
* Older building so doors, cabinet and floors creaked
* Small, simple lobby. Small business center (computer, printer)
* No traditional oven—microwave is also a convection oven
* No A/C, although did not need it in April
* Minor sales pitch for their timeshare, which we declined with no further pressure
* Quite noisy (NOT condo’s fault) because you are next to cable line!
* Quite dark in living room
* Beds not very comfortable
* Bath tub clogged; told front desk but was not fixed
* Large master bedroom closet but none in 2nd bedroom and no drawers for clothes
* Free Wi-Fi very slow (<1 Mps). Can pay for faster Wi-Fi ($50 for the week)
Can’t beat location especially with a large accommodation
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 24 spacious suites, The Suites at Fisherman’s Wharf is the perfect choice for discriminating travelers who want to leave their heart in the heart of San Francisco. The spacious suites offer you comfortable one or two-bedroom floor plans, each tastefully appointed with the furnishings you’d expect from a sophisticated San Francisco hotel. The intimate ambiance of the property is evident in features like the fountain in the lobby, and the private balconies and patios available in selected suites. Located next to the Hyde Street Cable Car stop, you’re just a short stroll from the sensory pleasures of Fisheerman’s Wharf, or the turn of the century ambiance of The Cannery, Pier 39, or the undersea secrets of the Aquarium of the Bay. This lyrical city by the bay will take you wherever your imagination allows, and The Suites at Fisherman’s Wharf San Francisco resort is the perfect place to begin your journey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TravelClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Suites at Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suites At Fisherman`s Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel At Fishermans Wharf
- At Fishermans Wharf Hotel
- Suites Fishermans Wharf