I booked a one-night stay for me, my wife, and our 17-year old daughter. The facility is hard to find and does not look at all like a hotel from the street (which is not a big deal; just worth a mention). When I went to check in, I was greeted by Jason at the front desk, who confirmed my reservation, took credit card details for incidentals, and gave me the card keys for the room.
After taking the tiny elevator (for those who are at all claustrophobic), we entered our room to find it was a one-bedroom suite instead of the two-bedroom suite we had booked and prepaid. I immediately went down to the front desk and spoke with Jason, and showed him the itinerary confirming we had booked and paid for a two-bedroom suite. Jason said "oh, you booked through Expedia," and then said that Expedia describes the room we were given as a "two-bedroom suite" because the sofa folds out into a queen-size bed and there is a separate bedroom. Although I was fairly certain that Jason was lying, it was late, we were tired, and my wife and daughter said not to make a big deal of it.
After we returned home, I verified that there are indeed two-bedroom suites as well as one-bedroom suites, and there is a significant price difference of sixty bucks per night between the two. I immediately wrote to both Expedia and the hotel group, but over seven months later have not received a refund.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 24 spacious suites, The Suites at Fisherman’s Wharf is the perfect choice for discriminating travelers who want to leave their heart in the heart of San Francisco. The spacious suites offer you comfortable one or two-bedroom floor plans, each tastefully appointed with the furnishings you’d expect from a sophisticated San Francisco hotel. The intimate ambiance of the property is evident in features like the fountain in the lobby, and the private balconies and patios available in selected suites. Located next to the Hyde Street Cable Car stop, you’re just a short stroll from the sensory pleasures of Fisheerman’s Wharf, or the turn of the century ambiance of The Cannery, Pier 39, or the undersea secrets of the Aquarium of the Bay. This lyrical city by the bay will take you wherever your imagination allows, and The Suites at Fisherman’s Wharf San Francisco resort is the perfect place to begin your journey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Suites at Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suites At Fisherman`s Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel At Fishermans Wharf
- At Fishermans Wharf Hotel
- Suites Fishermans Wharf