“You can't beat hot soup on a windy dock!”

Boudin Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #4 of 115 Bakeries in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Reviewed 8 September 2016

We ate at Boudin's Bakery during our trip to San Francisco. It was wonderful sitting outside by the fireplace with a hot bowl of fresh chowder in their famous sour dough bowls. Yum!

Reviewed 7 September 2016

We had lunch and breakfast while there and it was delish!! We did the muesum and factory tour and the gentleman working the muesum was full of cool info, we really enjoyed our time there.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

We were late for regular breakfasts so we visited The Boudin Bakery & Cafe on Fisherman's Wharf. I waited in line to order regular coffee and a fruit covered waffle, but was sent to two different lines to get the coffee and the waffle, even though there was a coffee machine with coffee being poured from the same spot where I picked up the waffle. So before eating I had to wait in 3 different lines. It was disappointing and a shame because the food was tasty, but it would have tasted better if I was not so frustrated when I ate it!

Reviewed 5 September 2016

Waited 45 minutes for full service dinner. Ordered Crab Spinach Artichoke Dip, Flat Iron Steak and Pepperoni Pizza for busy Labor Day weekend (about $80). Unfortunately was seated in very drafty and cold spot. Asked to move but waiter said they'd adjust temp. Wife froze through appetizer and waiter ignored empty drinks, I served ourselves more water and had to ask Table Bussing staff for condiments once steak and pizza were served while waiter ignored our table but was attentive to other tables. Waiter finally approached and brushed off Table Bussing staff. When I complained, he started getting loud and tried talking over me, at which point I got loud and told him to stop arguing with me. I asked and spoke with Manager (Guillermo) who was aware of issues but tried making excuses, then offered to move us to finally attempt to resolve the issue. By then my dinner experience was ruined and I informed him we were leaving. I also advised him he should've resolved the issue from the very beginning, as he was aware of the problem but chose to ignore it and only reacted after the problem was out of control. Although the appetizer and my wife's steak were good, I didn't taste the pizza. The Manager did not charge for the food, but I left the pizza as didn't come here for a free meal and I was too upset to eat. Although I don't believe the staff care, since the restaurant does not need my patronage, I won't be back due to this, one and only, bad experience during my week long vacation in an otherwise wonderful city.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

Baked items and macaroons were good. We had a chowder and a salad. Service is friendly but could be warmer to make you feel wanted. It is a casual place.