“Truly Superb Sushi”

Ichi Sushi + Ni Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Ichi Sushi + Ni Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,123 of 5,826 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2016

I have never had better sushi! Each piece is prepared with its own set of flavors, so no soy sauce and/or wasabi is needed. I was nervous at first to try it without, but found each piece perfectly balanced and delectable. I even tried a few new ones, which I have previously avoided and found them quite tasty. Now I have to find something comparable on the East Coast (where I live).

Reviewed 11 May 2016

We overall enjoyed our trip to Ichi. The fish was fresh and tasty and creative. The vibe of the restaurant is young and fresh as well. I'm rating 4 stars instead of 5 because the menu doesn't accurately explain the size or content of dishes so it's hard to know if what you're ordering is going to be tiny or huge, and we had some trouble figuring out how to make a meal. Our waitresses wasn't great at explaining anything either, which lead to us reordering more food, which lead to a longer time at the restaurant than we had planned. Just a couple sentences on the menu or better training for the staff would go a long way here. We'd go back though, since now we'd understand what to get-- the food was really good.

Reviewed 16 March 2016 via mobile

The restaurant location is in the middle of the mission district , a great place for young people.
Every dish that came out was better than the previous, they accommodating food allergies and know to suggest the right dish. We have a gluten intolerance and they have a special soy sauce that was offered to us. The chicken wing are the best we had so far, don't forget to order.
You need to do a reservation a few days prior.
Recommending highly .

Reviewed 15 March 2016

Reviews have stated that Ichi Sushi + Ni Bar has A- swept them off their feet, B- pure sushi transcendence, C- Fabulous/Delectable/Whole new level.

They are all true.

March 2016 - We traveled as a couple. We love good food and are very critical about cleanliness, ambience, customer service, but above all, tastes and fragrances that uplifts your soul.

Cleanliness is way above average, no water marks on utensils/stemware/china
Casual vibe with professional staff
Excellent service from the Sushi Chef
Beautifully garnished, only topped by its' taste and texture of fresh sashimi with the right amount of flavouring

Steps to enjoy one of the world's best Sashimi without regrets

1) Make a reservation with Ichi Sushi + Ni Bar via OpenTable (open from about 5pm)
2) Be on time
3) Sit at the sushi bar, counter seats
4) Go Omakase or just stick to anything prepared by your Sushi Chef
5) Try everything twice, once in its' full glory, once with your preference of Wasabi/Soy Sauce.

Well done Ichi Sushi + Ni ! If the view at Twin Peaks/Golden Gate cannot bring us back to San Fran, your Sashimi and Niigiri certainly can.

1  Thank For_Couples
Reviewed 6 March 2016

Casual is the vibe, energetic feel. Lots of people piling in. Something's going on in this place.

My wife and I were sent her from our hotel. It was a long drive and we were initially skeptical after spending 30 minutes getting there. But the waitress was wonderful and my wife and i bought the Omakase menu and it was off to the races.

Each serving, save one, was some of the best we've ever had. The one we didn't like was Maine Sea Urchin which tasted like a bag of sneezes. Each piece had a texture and a flavor we've never had before. We kept it coming and at one point was served an albacore tuna that was so good I dropped to the floor moaning. My wife poured her water over my head and ate my other bite.

Go here. You'll spend a lot (our bill was $250+) but you'll be glad you went.