“THE FINEST EXPERIENCE EVER”
Review of Quince

Quince
Reserve with OpenTable
Quince is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 5,975 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$220 - US$300
Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Cross street: Montgomery
Description: Situated in San Francisco's historic Jackson Square, Lindsay and Chef Michael Tusk's celebrated Quince Restaurant features an Italian and French inspired tasting menu that highlights the seasonal bounty of Northern California. Accompanying each menu is an innovative wine pairing and sophisticated cocktail program. Chef Michael Tusk was named "Best Chef: Pacific" by the James Beard Foundation in 2011. Quince was awarded its first Michelin star in 2010 and in April 2012 its second, the San Francisco Chronicle bestowed a fourth star to Quince. In 2016 Quince received its third Michelin star.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Quince is a 10 out of 5! The best service, the best atmosphere and the most extraordinary cuisine ever. This was my 3rd time there--anniversary and I wonder how the best can even get better each time.

1  Thank Mark A
Quince_SF, Manager at Quince, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Hello mark,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am delighted to hear your experience with us get better with each visit. That is just so gratifying to hear.

We hope to see you back at the restaurant. If there is anything we can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

From the moment we walked in we felt like royalty. With attentive service, beautiful presentation and fabulous flavors, it was the highlight of our San Francisco trip. Each course brought a new delight with unexpected but perfectly matched combinations. This is not your ordinary dinner out and one you won’t soon forget.

1  Thank Sherri B
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

What an amazing restaurant. Everything was perfect. We went a bit early and sat in the bar area and people watched for a while. I recommend doing that.

Our dinner was perfect and the wine was even better. I wish I remembered the name of one of the captain’s (not sure how to refer to him), he was so nice and kind to us.

A must, must go in SF. Very pricey, but very worth it.

2  Thank MexicotoNYC
Quince_SF, Manager at Quince, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Hello MexicotoNYC,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience at Quince. I think it must have been Greg who took care of you in the Salon.

Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

This is a culinary feast, many small tasting courses. The food is not only amazing, the presentation is outstanding and the service very professional.

Pouring the water should not be done across the table invading one’s space, but that was a small mistake.

They took us to the kitchen Chef’s table for the pasta course. That was a very nice touch.

Everything was perfect, the lobster melt in your mouth

We felt full at the end overwhelmed by so many wonderful sensations, experiences and good company

It is not cheap, $1,000 for two with only two glasses of champagne. This is one experience belonging to the class of Lameloise, Chevre d’Or, Petit Nice, Daniel, Jean George, French Laundry or Le Bernardin. The great tables around the world

1  Thank JPSalik
Quince_SF, Manager at Quince, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Hello JPSalik,

I appreciate your feedback on pouring water across the table. We will address that with the staff.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Quince was an amazing three Michelin Star experience. The restaurant called a few days prior to our reservation to confirm and ask of any allergies. When we arrived, my menu was personally customized for my birthday--which was an extremely thoughtful gesture.

The 11 course meal was flavorful, delicious and gorgeous--my pictures do not do the presentation nor the ingredients justice. There was an optional cheese board towards the end of the meal, which we loved.

All of the staff was friendly and attentive to each guest. When leaving, we received hot chocolate, which was thoughtful as it was a cold and rainy night.

Quince_SF, Manager at Quince, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Thank you for joining us on your birthday. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience at Quince.