“Best bread in SF”

Price range: US$1 - US$20
Neighbourhood: The Embarcadero
Neighbourhood: The Embarcadero
Reviewed 2 May 2017

Long the best bresd in SF area, still top notch. Big selection of sourdough, multigrains, and others

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Great bread, rolls, pastries, croissants, ect... at really great prices. Most things are really over priced at the Ferry Building, Acme Bread has very standard "town" prices. Great place to stop for a quick nibble before you explore the city, or grab a few for the munchies later on in the day. Delicious breads, rolls, buns, pastries, all to go.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

They sell nice breads, and most of them looked like French bread, that is hard out side of the bread. I enjoyed the one with cheese. It was awesome for me. But if you have hard time with chewing hard staff, be aware. You may need soup or something to soften them.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

Oh my god this bread was amazing! I thought it would be average and overpriced considering the location but i was so wrong. We ordered a bunch of small breads just to try them all.
I could really feel the texture of everything I was trying.
I really can't say how jealous I am that we don't have similar bread where I live. It is probably not the cheapest but I don't find it that expensive either.

If you love bread you have to go there!

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for a roll for breakfast. The bread was very good, was a good price and the service was quick.