“Amazing Sushi - to die for”

Blowfish Sushi To Die For
Reserve with OpenTable
Blowfish Sushi To Die For is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #864 of 5,825 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Mission District
Cross street: 19th & 20th
Transit: Bus #27 stops at Bryant and 20th. Bus #22 & #33 stops at Bryant and 16th.
Reviewed 19 October 2015

Check this place out, you must have the Bento box at lunch time, the Ritso roll negi Toro, Super dynamite roll, California roll

Reviewed 19 October 2015 via mobile

I used to eat here more. One day I sat at the bar and was about to order when I saw several flies enjoying themselves on slabs of fish in the fish cooler. The sushi chefs were oblivious or didn't care... Neither of which appealed to me. None of the people sitting at the tables have any idea whether the raw fish has fly puke covering it. Gnarly. No thanks. For the menu prices there are so many other awesome sushi places with more attentive and better trained sushi chefs in San Francisco. Their rolls sometime looked like a child rolled it and the fish slicing skills seemed a bit amateurish. But for most sf ignorant yuppies it should seem and taste just fine.

Reviewed 15 October 2015

This is just a wonderful neighborhood gem of a restaurant, and happily within walking distance of my sister's house when I visit. Everything I have tried there is good, and the staff is friendly (did I mention that the woman bartender was hot? lol).

Reviewed 23 September 2015

Went for an evening meal and spent $180 with only 2 people eating. Gourmet food, with great presentation, however with such little portions- it is an expensive night out. Good food - not amazing.

Reviewed 21 September 2015

This is an excellent sushi restaurant pretty much all around. The ambience, decor, service and food quality are all superb. I'm assuming the low ratings are due to the price, but you get what you pay for. My party and I had appetizers, special rolls and entrees, and nothing failed to impress.

The staff was knowledgable and attentive to our needs. Our waitress was even able to answer very specific questions we asked, even knew the answers to our questions about the impressive artwork displayed on the walls, which is by a digital artist named Android Jones.

We had offhandedly mentioned it was one of our birthdays, and the staff brought us out complimentary birthday ice cream. This was generous and a very nice touch.

It's a little far away from the typical tourist action (About a 20 minute drive away from the warf), but it's worth the drive/cab fare.

Next time I'm in the Bay Area I will certainly be making a reservation at Blowfish.