“Great food”

Waterfront Restaurant and Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Waterfront Restaurant and Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #299 of 5,826 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$0 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, View
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: The Embarcadero
Cross street: Broadway
Description: An experience in excellent Seafood cuisine with a gorgeous view of the Bay. Presidents, princes, celebrities & travelers join us to make their SF dining experience a memorable one. Fine seafood and a priceless view of Fisherman's Wharf!
Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

Went for dinner with my boyfriend and our son. They each ordered the special (one halibut plate and one salmon plate) and I ordered pasta. Everything was great! Service was friendly, view is beautiful and food delicious!

Al F, Owner at Waterfront Restaurant and Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Kristils, thank you so much for sharing the love for our tasty food, beautiful view, and friendly service. We're so happy you, your boyfriend, and son had such a nice dinner with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

We were shown to a waterfront table with a lovely fresh yellow rose on the table.
The view was great, but the service was slow. I ordered the Rock Cod Fish and Chips, which was nicely presented, but there is only so much that can be done with F&C, so there really is not much that can go wrong. My friend had the Kobe Beef Cheeseburger and said it was very nice.
I found it quite noisy, especially the lady at the adjoining table who read the entire menu out TWICE to 3 other adults and 2 teenage children. :(
We will not be returning any time soon.

Al F, Owner at Waterfront Restaurant and Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Helen, although we're glad you enjoyed our view and our tasty fish and chips, we're sorry to hear you were less impressed with our service and atmosphere this time. We always want you to enjoy a relaxing meal with great service, and we hope you'll give us another shot to show you that.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

We stopped by the Waterfront Restaurant & Cafe for a break in sightseeing. It was a classy joint, with attentive professional waiters and a menu that would please anyone (or at least everyone in m group). We had oysters and sliders and one of the best calamari dishes I have ever had. The drinks were properly made and the house wines were more than adequate. Just the kind of elegant late afternoon break that we needed.

Al F, Owner at Waterfront Restaurant and Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

John, thank you for sharing the love for our classy, cozy environment, our professional staff, and our delicious dishes. It really means a lot to hear you had a great time, and we hope to have you back again sometime soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

It was a gorgeous day in SF so I thought I'd treat myself to a nice, seafood lunch on the waterfront. This was my first trip to SF in decades, and I had not planned a specific spot for lunch, but the location couldn't be beat, so I had an a la crate lunch of oysters on the half shell and some clam chowder, plus a dessert and glass of wine. I enjoyed my solo lunch overlooking the water and bridge, but I can't say anything was particularly memorable or outstanding, and I do recall it was rather expensive. I'd give this a cautious recommendation, but check out the menu and hope for a sunny day.

Thank you for the review, Decoamie. While we're glad you seemed to enjoy the atmosphere, it's disappointing to know the meal didn't follow suit. We use nothing but the freshest seafood available, and it's always our goal for that to shine. The next time you're in the area, we'd love to have you for another lunch -- we're eager to show you the five-star meal you deserve!

All the best,

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

I wish I could comment on the food but we never got the chance. My friend and I were looking for a place to eat lunch on a Saturday afternoon and wandered in here. The guy at the front told us to take a seat and wait. The restaurant was not super busy and there were many, many empty tables, but many, many staff members around. We sat there for almost 20 minutes waiting for a table. During that time I observed the staff standing around and talking to each other, at one point a few employees even sat down in the empty waiting area (except for the 2 potential customers sitting right next to them) and were just laughing and talking about nothing to do with work. Normally that wouldn't bother me at all, except when you have customers literally next to them waiting to be seated at a not very busy time. We finally left and the guy at the desk didn't even look or speak to us. I guess the location is enough to keep them in business, but be prepared for some rudeness and apparently a long wait. Not impressed.

Al F, Owner at Waterfront Restaurant and Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

We can assure you that this is not something we're used to hearing, Sue, and we sincerely apologize for leaving you with this impression. You're right to expect our entire staff to be friendly and professional at all times whether they're currently on the clock or not. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and we'll definitely be looking into it to see where the miscommunication might have occurred. In the meantime, we hope you'll consider giving us another chance to show you how we normally do business.

Best,