“Neighborhood Gem”

Sushi Raw
Ranked #3,606 of 5,826 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 18 February 2016

I came across this Restaurant by accident as my usual Sushi place closed on the day i was in the mood for sushi. The Restaurant looked fancy and clean but there was only 1 waiter working so i saw lots of tables have not been cleared out yet and some customers where waiting on their bill.
The prices seemed OK and competitive with other Sushi Restaurant but when our food arrived, we were impressed. It's really good!
I liked the restaurant immediately but i wish that they could have put more waiter working although i do understand its after lunch but on a Sunday people started coming in after 2 pm.
Overall, i love this restaurant. It's now my favorite Japanese Restaurant in my neighborhood.

Reviewed 19 October 2015 via mobile

While visiting family in the area we looked up restaurants in the area and found that this place had very favorable TA reviews. When I told my relatives we planned to eat here they told us this was their favorite local restaurant! The sushi was worth the trip and bento boxes are the best bargain since you can have a taste of their tempura as well as their broiled fish along with sushi. We ordered their grilled whole squid, and it was tender and well seasoned. These types of dishes are usually more expensive in traditional Japanese restaurants but were reasonable and well made here. It gets crowded on the weekends, so get there early to avoid the rush.

Reviewed 30 April 2015

Superb food presented imaginitively. In my party i had two vegetarians and a glutin, lactose, egg and nut free diet yet not only was there plenty of choice for all of us but the quality was great and so was the price. This was one of the few places we visited twice.

Reviewed 29 September 2014

ordered a bunch of bento boxes on a Sunday evening at 6.30. They promised to deliver in 45 min ( through EAT24). 2 hours late no food. Driver called - said he couldn't find the place ( they've delivered several times before and we live opposite a very famous San Francisco park!)

Eventually got a deliver two and a half hours afte the order - driver said they weren't lost just super busy !

Would you like bare faced lies with your sushi ?

Avoid these guys at all costs !

Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

If your ever near silver and mission you have to try this place. The food is fresh the sushi bar dude looks like goku from dragon ball z. They have excellent specials and good beer, sake too. If your in the Excelsior check out sushi raw! Yum yum see ya... Califaz