“Great Romantic Dinner Place”

McCormick & Kuleto's
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Kuleto's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 5,823 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Cross street: Beach Street & Larkin
Transit: MUNI: F line stops 2 blocks away on Jones & Beach, Powell/Hyde Cable Car stops 1 block away on Beach & Hyde
Description: McCormick & Kuleto's Seafood Restaurant is located in historic Ghirardelli Square. Serving you the freshest quality food available as demonstrated by our menus, which change daily and feature at least 30 different varieties of fresh seafood. The restaurant features a warm, classic ambiance created by a 3-tiered dining room design and a rich decor of deep mahogany woods, unique lighting fixtures and classic brass accents. The expansive windows overlook the San Francisco Bay, Aquatic Park, Alcatraz, Angel Island and Marin. They are part of a 35 year-old family of classic seafood restaurants that has its culinary roots in the Pacific Northwest and its philosophy grounded in a reputation for quality and a respect for tradition.
Reviewed 19 September 2017

We were staying at close to Fisherman’s Wharf so I booked a table using the Trip Advisor app. The food reviews are good and the location and views made for a nice date dinner. It was a Saturday night and when we arrived we were seated close to our 7:30 reservation. It was good to reserve a table as others coming in were told that no tables would be available that evening. We sat at a table overlooking the bay and as the sun was setting the views and light outside was incredible. As picturesque a setting as you can get anywhere. The dining room is well appointed and house a classic steak house feel that goes well with the floor to ceiling windows overlooking the marina and bay. Our server, Rachel was very engaging and took time with each table to explain menus and when asked gave experienced recommendations. I went with the porter house and it was a solid steak house porterhouse. It was cooked right to my specifications with minimal seasoning and some butter that complimented both sides of the cut. My wife did the scallops and loved them. Despite being located Ghirardelli Square (and the awesome sundaes sold next door) it was getting late so we decided to have our sweet wash-down off of the desert menu. It did not disappoint. My wife had the walnut apple pie and I the chocolate mousse cake. Both were big portioned to share and very well made. Highly recommend as a special occasion restaurant or romantic date place while staying in San Francisco.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I ordered the cioppino stew, which was absolutely delicious! The restaurant also has an awesome view of the bay, and I'd recommend booking in advance. The only downside is that we unfortunately got charged for a side order of sweet potato fries that never ended up arriving.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

From the food to the service this place was fantastic ! Mark our server did a great job of explaining the menu and offering a great smile as he poured our wine. We enjoyed this place to the max.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

My wife, sister and I went there our last day in San Francisco. The restaurant is right on the coast with a great view Alcatraz and the SF Bay. I order steak and lobster and the two ladies ordered similar plates. We also ordered a $70 bottle of wine. Total price? $250. That was a heck of a lot less than I was expecting, especially given SF prices and the wonderful view. Tip: Ask for a table by the window so that you don't have to look over other people to get an outside view.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Great location in the Marina with awesome view of the bay and Golden Gate Bridge. Was eating dinner one night and had great view of huge cruise ship entering the bay. Staff is great and food always good. Great romantic place at night or great for upscale business lunch.