“A great surprise”

Cuisines: Mexican
Neighbourhood: Russian Hill
Neighbourhood: Russian Hill
Reviewed 15 October 2012

As So Cal residents we"re used to great Mexican food. So, when traveling we are a bit wary about finding great Mex food. As it happend, we attended a Canon photography class and with only a short time for lunch were directed to Rico's. With a so so exterior I wasn't sure what to expect, but when I sat in their sunny window and ate their delicious food, I was really happy we chose Rico"s. I got the nacho"s with pinto beans and it was really good!

Reviewed 27 July 2012

It was a chilly July evening and we four couples wanted a nice cup of hot chocolate. We stumbled upon Rico's and saw a handwritten sign advertising the drink. It looked like an unlikely place for a good cup of hot chocolate but since it was close to 10 p.m. we decided to try it. The hot chocolate was EXCELLENT! The owner makes it from scratch using chocolate chips and warm milk topping it off with homemade whipped cream. We were extremely surprised at its goodness. And to increase our surprise, the price was only $2.50!! I can't comment on the food served here but the hot chocolate is worth the trip.

Reviewed 30 August 2011

Hair in the food. Dog in the kitchen. Mice in the dining room. You would think you were in Mexico. Instead your at fluffy margaret's house of hairy burritos.

Reviewed 28 August 2011

We should have realized something was wrong when the place was totally empty on a Saturday lunch time. First, we found a ball of fluff in our tortilla chips, then my friend found both a hair and an eyelash inside her burrito. Soon after, we saw a dog trot out of the kitchen and out the front door. And then a mouse ran across the floor! We all immediately got up and left. This place is disgusting.

Reviewed 25 May 2011

Chili verde was OK, albeit the pork was a bit dry. Very slow service & they initially brought me the wrong order. I may give 'em another try, since the burritos on others' orders I observed looked pretty good.

1  Thank RPF49