“Linda is amazing!”

and up
San Francisco Chinatown Walking Tour with Optional Lunch
Ranked #55 of 297 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: This walking tour of Chinatown is now in its 34th year. Join us as we visit historic landmarks, fortune cookie factory, the Stockton Street food markets, a secluded Chinese temple, an herbal pharmacy and more. Complete the visit with a dim sum luncheon at one of Chinatown's legendary restaurants.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Linda Lee is knowledgeable about the history of Chinatown. She is so funny and entertaining. She doesn't ramble on and on about the history, she gives you quick bites of it here and there. She allows time for questions. She gives time for small purchases, but doesn't linger so that she can make sure the group makes it to all the stops on time. The dim sum tasting was well worth the extra money. It was lots of food and a beautiful restaurant. She took us to a temple and while there she had me "play a game"- ask a question on my head, then shake a container of sticks until one falls out. Then that stick will reveal the answer to your question. Of course, it's written in Chinese. I've included a picture of it if anyone wants to help me figure out what it says.

Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear Emily0116:

I really enjoyed this review from you, as you hit the mark about my tour. My intention is not to lecture any guest about the history and culture of the Chinese in America, but rather highlight a variety of topics so that my guests come away wanting to learn more. As well,
I encourage questions at all times so that there is an interesting and educational exchange of information among our guests. Why, I even give "homework" on my tour to people who love to play games!
Thanks again for your positive review about your tour and luncheon with us.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

It was a very good experience to understand the origin and culture. Linda is very kind. She knows it from first hand. The lunch is awesome and an excellent choice. Highly recommemdable tour.

Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear Mariela:

If I can introduce the history and culture of the Chinese in San Francisco, and have you come away interested in what you experienced, that is a wonderful review for me to receive. Thank you!

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Our Chinatown walking tour was colorful, informative and fun! Linda, our tour guide, gave us a rich history of Chinatown with flair. We loved it! Thank you!

Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear Angela B:

Must thank you for your positive review!

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Linda's tour was very insightful, the group walked around Chinatown and discussed the history and importance of SF's Chinatown to it's community.

Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Dear Morris L:

Thank you for your positive comments about your experience in Chinatown.
I hope that visitors will come away wanting to learn more about the immigration experience of the Chinese in America and Canada.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Fun tour, great information, and excellent lunch. Linda was a fabulous guide! Highly recommend this tour company.

Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Dear Screeble:

Thanks for taking the time to post this great "report card" of my tour!