“Sushi was pretty good, Service also very Good”
Review of House of Sushi

House of Sushi
Ranked #1,351 of 5,974 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Neighbourhood: Russian Hill
Neighbourhood: Russian Hill
Reviewed 10 October 2014

Me and my girl visited this place, it was about 8pm and we were looking for dinner, place was very busy and we went in and found the only open table, all the sushi bar seats were also full. We ordered fast, got drinks fast, were given complementery beans which was nice. The Sushi was very very good, both of us were very impressed. We eat sushi alot and its was pretty damn good and very reasonable. The place is small and nothing fancy, but the food wont dissapoint you. check it out, the locals seem to like it, so it must do well. Thumbs up to the owners!

1  Thank David K

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We loved thie food here, I had two sets of the house special sushi rolls and spicy tuna hand roll and whilst iam quite picky on my sushi fish, I found this to be very good. We also ordered the Chicken Tepanyaki bento box and this was also great. Easy quick and great good value food.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

The rice was very well prepared, and the Nigiri cuts were generous. The sushi chef and all the staff was very friendly.

Reviewed 14 December 2012

Came here for dinner. There was not enough seats for the five of us together. At the sushi bar, there was a three seater and a double seater separated by one other customers. The waitress sought the help of this customer and he agreed to move so we can seat as a family of five.. This is good initiative.

We had tea served promptly. We ordered our sushi rolls include the Oregan and the Godzilla roll. Both of these are a must have. Very good. We also order a house bento. The chicken and salmon teriyaki were ok. Not great. The tempura was better but also, not great. But, hey, for the price of $13.00, it is value for money. We order ikura (salmon roe) sushi and hotake (scallop) sushi too. Again, they were value for money.

We had our hunger satisfied. A value for money sushi place in San Francisco.

1  Thank PapaRichWee
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We decided to try this little restaurant. It was close to our hotel and we had noticed it was busy every night we passed by it.
There were 4 of us and we all LOVE sushi. We are from Chicago and frequent many different sushi places and have eaten in many other cities and always have enjoyed our meals. This place was different.
I had a bento box. It was cheap. $13.50. Never trust cheap sushi. The salad and sashimi tuna were good. I also had teriyaki chicken and beef. Usually the chicken and beef are extremely lean and tender. Both selections had fat and were so chewy that I could not bite them while using my chopsticks!
My husband had tuna rolls and they were simple, tasteless, small rolls that looked like they came from the supermarket. My one son had a California roll that he said was good and my other son had a spicy tuna roll. He said it was just ok.
Service was also just mediocre. Not bad, just not good. I was deeply disappointed.