“Must do Happy Hour”

Ranked #2 of 115 Bakeries in San Francisco
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Reviewed 25 March 2015 via mobile

Happy Hour from 4-7 and the drink prices are unbeatable at that time. Plus the happy hour menu has great dishes and gives an opportunity to sample some of their specialties. The sourdough tacos and sourdough pizza are both awesome. Also do not...I repeat... Do not leave without trying the sourdough beignets. You will regret that decision.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,405)

Reviewed 23 March 2015

In the morning stop by the windows to the bakery and watch them making sourdough for the day. The smell is fantastic. We ate at the restaurant several times and were never disappointed. Good food, fair prices and good service. Would go back there again....

Reviewed 21 March 2015

My husband and I are seafood chowder apprecianados having tasted many versions and many countries and mastering our own home cooking version. So, when we saw Clam Chowder in a sour dough roll as a meal, we simply HAD to have it. We were impressed. Totally delicious! We love good quality food and this was top shelf while being affordable. The atmosphere in this cafe was quirky and unique with individual baskets of bread traversing the length of the place high above where we sat. We highly recommend this place for a filling, delicious and most pleasing lunch. Don't go past it! You'll won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 21 March 2015

Their sourdough bread lives up to its reputation, and something I start looking forward to as the plane lands in SFO. The clam chowder is OK, but the experience is about the bread bowl it is in! Grilled cheese was solid, as was the salad.

Reviewed 19 March 2015

I had a grilled cheese & bacon sourdough bread sandwich. I like sourdough so the bread was what I expected! The sandwich was made the way I like it...warm, melted cheese but not runny; good amount of bacon. The pickup counter service was a little chaotic. I sat on the outside patio near the fireplace with a view of the waterfront. I appreciated the clear wall partitions around the patio...it helped keep out street noise and deter some pigeons. I enjoyed the retail part of the store with items to buy by category. The display of bread loafs made into shapes for each month of the year are on the wall behind the counter...neat to see. I was disappointed to realize I could have had a specialty coffee at a separate order counter. There are multiple places for different orders which I found confusing. Nevertheless, it was a good spot to grab a quick bite.