“Santa and Museum at Boudin Sourdough Bakery and Cafe, San Francisco”

Boudin Sourdough Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #28 of 360 Quick Bites in San Francisco
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Reviewed 23 December 2019

We had a good time watching the bakers make Teddy Bear Bread and other unique shapes. There is a bread museum and store at this location. We did some holiday shopping.

Santa was there too an a beautiful Christmas tree. It made this trip truly magical.

1  Thank mini
Write a reviewReviews (1,890)

Reviewed 14 December 2019

You can tell how good the food is somewhere by how busy they are, and this place was always busy, which made it difficult to get a table, especially when you are meant to order then take your food to find a table afterwards. It helps if you have someone to save a table whilst someone else orders/collects the food.
There is no wait service.
The clam chowder was the best we had in SF, and we tried about 4 different places. We ended up back here before we left.

Date of visit: October 2019
2  Thank lachkeira
Reviewed 13 December 2019 via mobile

Love the clam chowder in sourdough a definite must ! But definitely will not be back for anything on the breakfast menu it was very disappointing and even presentation was sad... I should have had chowder for breakfast :)

1  Thank Often_abroad1
Reviewed 11 December 2019

My Dad is 86. When I was 7 he took me and my sisters to San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf. A few times since then he revisited with my dear mother and they would go to Boudin's, buy a loaf of their famous sourdough bread, then wander the streets tearing off and eating chunks as they went. We just returned, a family group of eight, and simply had to return to Boudin's to relive their memory. Simply the best sourdough bread I have ever eaten and, I have to tell you, everything else in their establishment looked supreme, too. Next time I visit San Francisco, Boudin Sourdoug Bakery & Café will capture more of my time.

Date of visit: May 2019
2  Thank bfoskett1955
Reviewed 8 December 2019

We sat outside and had sourdough bread bowl with chili. Was fun to watch all the people go up and down wharf. The sourdough is great.

2  Thank JanB884