“Okay everything”

Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Financial District
Cross street: Front
Transit: Muni Line: L, K, N, M, T and J exit Embarcadero Station Bart: Exit Embarcadero Station Muni Bus: 5, 8X, 101 and 30 The California St Trolley: Exit Embarcadero Station
Description: The Royal Exchange is a landmark restaurant and sports bar in the heart of San Francisco's Financial District. Serving good eats and drinks in a fun atmosphere, the Royal nourishes body, mind and spirit. Our warm, lively, casual American pub-style eatery and bar boasts 72 taps specializing in 32 microbrews, imported and domestic beers, and a host of inventive cocktails. The Game's On! Housed with 17 televisions and satellite access, the Royal Exchange is a cherished San Francisco sports bar to cheer your favorite sports team. Whether it be for lunch or dinner, afternoon snacks, happy hour, an after-work gathering or a private event, gather your friends and tell them, "Meet Me at the Royal."
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had a burger and fish and chips. The food was good but a bit expensive. They have a good choice of beers. Overall it’s a really nice and cozy place although I feel it was a little too expensive!

Michael O, Owner at Royal Exchange, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Glad to know the food was tasty, Tarassaco! Thanks for the kind words, and we'll see you back in again soon.

All the best,

Reviewed 7 February 2018

The only thing to consider before visiting the Royal Exchange is this; "How much do I like Macallan 18?" For me, the answer is A WHOLE LOT, hence the reason for my visit. They charge $20 for it; to say I was stunned when I saw the price is an understatement. I about fell off my bar stool, after doing a double take. If you're a seasoned Macallan 18 drinker, you know what a dram of that liquid goodness is usually sold for, and it isn't even in the same ballpark as $20. Stop in and order a couple and enjoy the screaming deal. Now for the downside; it's always packed right after work and as such is crazy loud. The service is also a little on the slow side, which is to be understood as the bar is usually darn near capacity. As I mentioned above, if you love Macallan 18, fight your way through the chaos and grab a glass!

Michael O, Owner at Royal Exchange, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Happy to know we're your go-to spot to get some Macallan, Jeff! Thanks for the support, and we'll see you back in soon.

All the best,

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Good selection of beers served at a decent temperature.
Food is standard pub/craft beer house fare. Nothing special but not bad.

Michael O, Owner at Royal Exchange, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

While I'm happy our selection was able to impress, Mark, I'm sorry the food couldn't do the same. I only hope you give us another shot so that we can provide you with the five-star experience you deserve. -Mike, Owner

Reviewed 30 December 2017

This is you basic pub with a great atmophere. The food was fine. Wouldn't say over top but we just did appetizers. The hot pretzel rolls were incredible. I would get those again. Service was good and pleasant.

I'm sorry to see you left disappointed, Shelly. I appreciate the feedback and hope you give us another shot so that we can provide you with the five-star experience you deserve.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Good sandwiches, salads and wide variety of beers/soft drinks make this restaurant good for lunch with business associates or friends. Great location in center of financial district in downtown San Francisco, CA.

Management response:Responded 20 July 2017

Glad to know all the food could leave such a great impression, Rhett! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such kind words, and I look forward to welcoming you back in soon.

Cheers,