“Delightfully Average ”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Slate Bar
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Like most places in the city, this bar is small and modern. It has a rustic yet contemporary feel. The cocktail selection is what intrigued me the most - you can tell they are handcrafted and created with great thought. They have a sangria that has a kick to it, tobasco being the secret ingredient. They have a pool table with a dance floor. There is a smoking cage right outside with seats for more socializing. Past 10 they charge a cover, I personally wouldn't pay it but that's all up to who you are with. The bartenders could be a little more friendly. I asked what they are known for or if there was a certain cocktail that was popular - the response was lacking in recognition, making us feel like they didn't care. It was a good place but I would need a second chance to experience it on a different night.