“Great Place to Stay!”

Orchard Garden Hotel
Ranked #21 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I had a 6 night stay at the Orchard Garden Hotel in late February and it was great in so many ways. The room was clean and comfortable, the hotel staff were friendly, patient and helpful and the location is fantastic for seeing many high points of the city. It was my first trip to San Francisco and I was there mostly for business. Even on my own I felt safe in the area of the hotel. I ate dinner at Roots one evening and had a good burger and an even better martini. Every night thereafter I went back to the bar for what became one of the best martinis I've ever experienced - the Zentini! Ten stars to Lauren the bartender, who was very friendly!! I looked forward to coming back to the hotel at the end of each day for a martini and a short visit with Lauren. :) Thanks for making me feel so welcome in your hotel, I really appreciated it!! Willl definitely stay here again someday.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Jnifr
There are newer reviews for Orchard Garden Hotel

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Stayed for 4 nights first time sightseers to San Francisco and found hotel to be great location, well appointed but very helpful and friendly staff.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I stayed here on business. It is a shabby hotel. The staff seem unsure of themselves and harrassed. My room key did not work on a couple of occasions and had to be reprogrammed.
The rooms are quite spacious but far from clean. The bath plug did not fit. The breakfast room is not really set up to deliver a good breakfast fast although the breakfast that finally came was the best bit of the stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank walton_rebecca
TheOrchardGarden, Manager at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Dear Ms. Walton

I’m sorry to hear that your stay was less than desirable. I’d also like to thank you for taking the time to let us know the areas that need improvement. I realize the keys are extremely sensitive. They are easily demagnetized by cell phones, credit cards and even security detectors at department stores. I will explore other options perhaps there is another company that can provide a stronger key.

I’ve already addressed the room issues with our Director of housekeeping and chief engineer. They will repair the drain stopper and council the cleaning staff. We strive and pride ourselves on clean, quiet and comfortable rooms. Anything below our expectations is not tolerable.

I’m happy to hear you were able to enjoy the breakfast despite its timing. Breakfast being the most important meal of the day should never be delayed. As an ordering alternative we have the breakfast room service door hangers. There is an option to request your breakfast at a specific time.

We would love if you decided to give us a second chance to wow you with the service we are capable of. I will be more than happy to personally take of your reservation the next time you visit San Francisco.

Kindest regards
Quinn McEntee – Front Office Manager
The Orchard Garden Hotel

Reviewed 23 February 2012

We spent 5 days in San Francisco recently after 4 weeks travelling. This was the best ( and not nearly the most expensive). Spotlessly clean, comfy bed, nice room and walking distance to all the attractions and public transport you could want. Would recommend the Boulangere for breakfast nearby an Da Flora in little Italy was an excellent restaurant. For a day trip, cycling the golden gate bridge and having a nice lunch by the waterfront in Sausalito was great. Hired a car to see the ancient redwood forest at Muir Woods was amazing, only a short drive but well worth it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank RaineeDavo
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We booked two rooms for a family of four in December. The location is so convenient - restaurants and shopping at your doorstep; easy walk to North Beach, Union Square. The rooms were very comfortable and tastefully albeit simply furnished. The staff were most obliging. Free internet was a nice change after some of the other places we stayed. We would highly recommend this hotel for its great location and clean, comfortable rooms.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family