“Quiet room # 502”

Orchard Garden Hotel
Ranked #21 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 8 October 2012

A great welcome to San Fran. Staff was friendly and professional. Room #502 was a great choice for an interior room. Had no problems while we stayed at this hotel. We had double beds and there was plenty room for 2 people . Bathroom was off to itself and was spacious. Super quiet even in the day time. Super clean sheets and bedding and turn down at night.
I fell on one of San Fran's steep sidewalks and had to go back to room during day to rest and there was no noise and was able to rest. We used the computer room to print off our tickets for next days flight back home. Daughter used treadmill to get in more exercise over all the walking we already did and was just steps away from entrance to ChinaTown and a couple blocks from union square. Not a bad walk to the downtown and fisherman's market. A great little organic resturant about 1 1/2 blocks down from this hotel and was well prices and was awesome! All in all, we were very happy with our stay for 6 days at this hotel. We did see alot of small little hotels along our walks and I think, ours was the most cleanest and quietest of all. We were very happy with our choice. Elevators were quick and I checked out early morning and ask for a cab to airport the night before and they told me a town car would be $55 to airport and he was there outside 20 minutes earlyon checkout morning. The one time we took a cab from the fishermans warf b/c we were so tired, that cab driver took the long route back to hotel and cost $17, so be cautious of cab's and their high fees. Hotel was a good experience.

Room Tip: #502 was quiet and plenty of room for 2 people.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank heylady54
Quinn M, Front Office Manager at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2012

All of us at the Orchard Garden Hotel were excited to read your review. We truly appreciate your feedback. It seems like you were able to enjoy most of San Francisco by foot, before you took a spill on the steep hills.

We really enjoyed reading that you felt you picked the cleanest and quietest hotel in the neighborhood. The double pane windows and insulation double as retaining heat and keeping out the noise. The back of the hotel is exceptionally quiet.

Hopefully you visit us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Orchard Garden Hotel

Reviewed 7 October 2012

A well positioned, modern, welcoming hotel, with friendly staff who seem genuinely interested in helping us get the most from our stay, not just at the hotel, and San Francisco, but also recommending good places to visit during our tour of California. (Thank you Davis, for your list) We arrived at the hotel hours before check in time, but the staff quickly managed to make our room available without fuss, and promptly respond to a minor technical problem we'd created in our room.
We liked the eco-friendly ethos, the room was attractive, clean, comfortable. WIFI , complimentary drinks, toiletries all excellent. Loved the little roof top garden. Liked the organic options at breakfast, service attentive. Good choice.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank necstour

Thank you so much for the kind review. We are so grateful for your rewarding words. Davis says “hello and hopes you enjoyed the rest of your trip.”

I’m happy to see you enjoyed the hotel as much as the service. With the weather we’ve been having lately the rooftop has been a great place to hang out with a cool beverage.

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Until then,

Reviewed 6 October 2012

Went to check out at 6:30 am today, front desk person said 2 words to me (room number) during the entire checkout process. No good morning, how was your stay, etc. He just kept looking at some papers. I really don't care if he was my friend or not but at $380 a night - more than room number would have been nice. There was no one else there at 6:30 am so it was not like he was super busy.

Check in was slow. Major conference started on Sunday and there was only 1 person at the front desk. She was nice enough but poor planning on the part of management to have only 1 person at the front desk during an expected busy period.

Room was small but clean. Room didn't have any view. The mini fridge was not very cold and it was a little dirty.

One good thing I have to say is that the cleaning and maintenance staff were very friendly. Always had a smile on their faces even though they were doing some of the tougher jobs in the hotel. They always greeted me and I enjoyed talking with them.

They were the only reason why I gave this hotel an average rating.

Too bad their people who is supposed to be the faces of the hotel were not as nice.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jethroau1

First of all thank you so much for taking the time for sharing your experience; we truly appreciate any and all feedback. I’m sorry to read that visit was less than satisfactory. I was upset to read about the experience you had during your check out. No matter what the rate is, the front desk is the face of the hotel and should engage all guests with kindness and courtesy. I went ahead and shared your review with all the staff and reiterated the importance of professionalism.

I personally apologize you felt the front desk was under staffed. As the manager that handles the schedule, I take full responsibility. This was not a choice I made; in fact I try to over staff during large conventions. Unfortunately due to a common cold and some other unforeseen incidents we were left in a bind. I’m thankful for the team members we had available, they all chipped to make sure we had coverage.

I was happy to read that the housekeeping and maintenance were able to have a positive effect on your stay. They are a huge part of the day to day operations and they’re a joy to work with.

All of us at the Orchard Garden Hotel hope you give us a second chance to “wow” you with the service we’re capable of.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 October 2012

I was on a business / leisure trip last week of September 2012 and I stayed at this little hotel in the middle of downtown San Francisco (next to Chinatown). I was amazed at the location of the hotel being next door to Chinatown and just two blocks away from Union Square shopping district. The Concierge named "Ivan" and the front desk person named "Ruby" are so very friendly and helpful that they made us (me and my co-workers) feel at home. The service was phenomenal and the hotel was really so "Green" or eco-conscious. There are three kinds of trash cans in each room to separate the garbage from recyclables. The housekeeping department was the best that I have seen or experienced as I have traveled all over the world. Housekeeping was always cleaning up as I counted at least three times a day they come in and fix or clean the room and remove trash. The turn-down service was also done and I love the chocolates that are left on top of my pillows. Ruby and Ivan aided us in going around the city and what restaurants and places to visit. These two people also helped us read the maps and routes to places such as Little Italy, Lombard Street, Wesfield Shopping mall, Fisherman's Wharf, and even the Golden Gate Bridge. Ivan and Ruby went above and beyond their responsibilities to make our stay one of a kind. The other Concierge and front desk personnel were also good and courteous.

Room Tip: Higher floors are less noisy with the hotel situated downtown - there are always ambulances, police...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Nice big room but connecting room - neighbours were clearly audible. No views from our room and almost no sunshine - so the room was really dark all day. Also the minibar was a mess with outdated drinks and snacks - two complaints did not really help. This is gross! Despite this, the hotel is nicely located. The rooftop view is awesome! Maybe I will give the hotel some day another try.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple