Orchard Garden Hotel
US$185
  • Pool
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$220/night.

US$177
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$252/night.

US$149
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$220/night.

Chancellor Hotel on Union Square(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$161
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$221/night.

Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$162
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$220/night.

US$143
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$239/night.

InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$188
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$218/night.

Grand Hyatt San Francisco(San Francisco)
US$219
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$294/night.

Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$142
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$231/night.

Cova Hotel(San Francisco)
US$215
  • Breakfast included
1,602 results
All reviewschinatown gaterooftop gardeneco friendly hotelgreat locationcafe de la pressesister hotelfew blockswithin walking distancecomfortable bedsthe financial districtturn down servicebusiness centerwould definitely stay here againjunior suitemini barclose to union squarefront desk staff
Reviewed 7 October 2012

A well positioned, modern, welcoming hotel, with friendly staff who seem genuinely interested in helping us get the most from our stay, not just at the hotel, and San Francisco, but also recommending good places to visit during our tour of California. (Thank you Davis, for your list) We arrived at the hotel hours before check in time, but the staff quickly managed to make our room available without fuss, and promptly respond to a minor technical problem we'd created in our room.
We liked the eco-friendly ethos, the room was attractive, clean, comfortable. WIFI , complimentary drinks, toiletries all excellent. Loved the little roof top garden. Liked the organic options at breakfast, service attentive. Good choice.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank necstour
Quinn M, Front Office Manager at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2012

Thank you so much for the kind review. We are so grateful for your rewarding words. Davis says “hello and hopes you enjoyed the rest of your trip.”

I’m happy to see you enjoyed the hotel as much as the service. With the weather we’ve been having lately the rooftop has been a great place to hang out with a cool beverage.

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Until then,
Quinn McEntee
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 6 October 2012

Went to check out at 6:30 am today, front desk person said 2 words to me (room number) during the entire checkout process. No good morning, how was your stay, etc. He just kept looking at some papers. I really don't care if he was my friend or not but at $380 a night - more than room number would have been nice. There was no one else there at 6:30 am so it was not like he was super busy.

Check in was slow. Major conference started on Sunday and there was only 1 person at the front desk. She was nice enough but poor planning on the part of management to have only 1 person at the front desk during an expected busy period.

Room was small but clean. Room didn't have any view. The mini fridge was not very cold and it was a little dirty.

One good thing I have to say is that the cleaning and maintenance staff were very friendly. Always had a smile on their faces even though they were doing some of the tougher jobs in the hotel. They always greeted me and I enjoyed talking with them.

They were the only reason why I gave this hotel an average rating.

Too bad their people who is supposed to be the faces of the hotel were not as nice.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jethroau1

First of all thank you so much for taking the time for sharing your experience; we truly appreciate any and all feedback. I’m sorry to read that visit was less than satisfactory. I was upset to read about the experience you had during your check out. No matter what the rate is, the front desk is the face of the hotel and should engage all guests with kindness and courtesy. I went ahead and shared your review with all the staff and reiterated the importance of professionalism.

I personally apologize you felt the front desk was under staffed. As the manager that handles the schedule, I take full responsibility. This was not a choice I made; in fact I try to over staff during large conventions. Unfortunately due to a common cold and some other unforeseen incidents we were left in a bind. I’m thankful for the team members we had available, they all chipped to make sure we had coverage.

I was happy to read that the housekeeping and maintenance were able to have a positive effect on your stay. They are a huge part of the day to day operations and they’re a joy to work with.

All of us at the Orchard Garden Hotel hope you give us a second chance to “wow” you with the service we’re capable of.

Kind regards
Quinn McEntee
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 4 October 2012

I was on a business / leisure trip last week of September 2012 and I stayed at this little hotel in the middle of downtown San Francisco (next to Chinatown). I was amazed at the location of the hotel being next door to Chinatown and just two blocks away from Union Square shopping district. The Concierge named "Ivan" and the front desk person named "Ruby" are so very friendly and helpful that they made us (me and my co-workers) feel at home. The service was phenomenal and the hotel was really so "Green" or eco-conscious. There are three kinds of trash cans in each room to separate the garbage from recyclables. The housekeeping department was the best that I have seen or experienced as I have traveled all over the world. Housekeeping was always cleaning up as I counted at least three times a day they come in and fix or clean the room and remove trash. The turn-down service was also done and I love the chocolates that are left on top of my pillows. Ruby and Ivan aided us in going around the city and what restaurants and places to visit. These two people also helped us read the maps and routes to places such as Little Italy, Lombard Street, Wesfield Shopping mall, Fisherman's Wharf, and even the Golden Gate Bridge. Ivan and Ruby went above and beyond their responsibilities to make our stay one of a kind. The other Concierge and front desk personnel were also good and courteous.

Room Tip: Higher floors are less noisy with the hotel situated downtown - there are always ambulances, police, and Fire truck sirens going even in teh wee hours of the night. The hotel is situated next door to the Chinatown gate - so make sure you bring your walking shoes as you will need it. Three blocks away West (right) on Bush Street is a place called Uncle Vito's Pizza Place - in my opinion is one of the BEST PIZZA I have ever tasted and I have eaten pizzas in Sicily, Italy, Rome, Paris, France, and other pizza places. You have to try this one. Price is not bad at all - $22 for a 16" Pizza. Little Italy can be reached by walking smack through Chinatown - about a mile away. Grant Street - Chinatown's main street - becomes Columbus street and that's where Little Italy is situated.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Nice big room but connecting room - neighbours were clearly audible. No views from our room and almost no sunshine - so the room was really dark all day. Also the minibar was a mess with outdated drinks and snacks - two complaints did not really help. This is gross! Despite this, the hotel is nicely located. The rooftop view is awesome! Maybe I will give the hotel some day another try.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Fantastic location. Minutes from Union Square, Chinatown and close to multiple forms of public transport. The room was bright and generous in size, especially the bathroom. Best of all the room was extremely quite and very comfortable. By far the best sleep in 4 weeks travel. Staff were friendly & helpfull, always smiling and welcoming. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple