“Lived up to expectations”

Woodhouse Fish Company
Ranked #295 of 5,801 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Neighbourhood: The Castro
Reviewed 3 September 2017

We came based on recommendations from others. If you go on looks both outside and inside you would probably walk away but don't as you will be missing out. We had the crab cocktail and prawns cocktail to start with. Amazing amount of crab and very big prawns. For mains we had crab cakes which were superb and the Cioppini which was delicious.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Thought I would try someplace new while in town. Came here after reading the reviews I arrived at 715pm and there was no line for this very small restaurant. I guess that should have been my first hint. I was sat right away my waitress was very slow and boring. I ordered the clam chowder it came out served with some sliced sour dough that was definitely not what made San Francisco famous no butter no crackers just the sliced bread and a very average but hot cup of chowder.... far from being even close to anything great. Then I got the Dungeness crab roll for $36 it was not the fantastic sandwich I had read about the crab was on the fishy side and small for that kind of money served with really awful French fries a little boring side of weak coleslaw and a big wedge of lemon. This place would never make it on my list of places to eat when I'm in such a great city for food. Wish I had just gone to one of the places I know and love. I will never be back here again .

Reviewed 10 August 2017

For the last two years, I live 5 min walk from this place but never had time for a "crab restaurant". Finally decided to try them and now I feel bad for the lost time.
The place is small but cozy. When we came, we had to wait a bit, but after about 10 min we got our table (according to what I heard, we were lucky, usually it might take longer).
The service is good (a bit slow, but the place was packed). The prawns were big, fresh and delicious. Great "teaser" to what's to come...
And then the main course arrived. The crab (Take the garlic sauce)
It was SOOOO good. Dip the crab once in a while in the garlic sauce/soup. I think I bit few of my fingers in this process. Can't wait to get back and have another one.
Five stars in my book!

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I love food. This place is not cheap but the food is done very well. The crab is always on point and their fish tacos are amazing. Plus they have incredible fries. Delicious food.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Nothing fancy or trendy about this spot, very refreshing. Decent wine list, local beers on tap, oysters were fresh, wedge salad had a great blue cheese green goddess type dressing on it, Cioppino was STELLAR. Spicy, fresh. At $32 you can easily split this.