“Excellent and Informative Tour!”

Victorian Home Walk
Ranked #65 of 296 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us in exploring Pacific Heights with its colorful Victorian row houses, famous mansions, and beautiful gardens. Learn the history of San Francisco through its architecture ! A great introduction into the local side of San Francisco. Established in 1996. EXCLUSIVE : Visit the inside of a period Queen Anne Victorian ! The walk is easy, the pace leisurely, and there are no hills to climb.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 23 April 2017

Jay, the owner and tour guide, is fantastic!
We met him on Friday at 11am near the big red heart on Union Square and were treated to a private tour (no one showed up, I think due to the power outage).
Even when there was a power outage, Jay got us to the "Victorian House District" and gave us so much insight into the gorgeous houses that are part of SF's history: the architecture, interior, history, and more. We even got to go into a historic Victorian house and check out the details.
Overall, if you're looking for a short but informative tour, the Victorian Home Walk is an excellent choice - I would go again! :)

Reviewed 20 April 2017

This was an excellent tour; Jay, our guide, was knowledgeable, personable, and really had a great timing sense. We never felt rushed, nor did we feel like there was too much time spent on one particular site. However, looking back at it, I was so interested in the stories (and the pace of the walk moved well), that I forgot to take pictures of some of the houses. I would suggest adding photo recommendations to the tour. Nonetheless, this tour was one of the highlights of our trip, and I did watch Mrs. Doubtfire on the flight home! It was fun to recognize Pacific Heights and the houses we saw in the film!

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

What a great afternoon in San Francisco! Thank you very much Jay for being so knowledgeable and friendly on our Friday tour. I can't wait to tell all my friends and family! This is a must do!

Reviewed 2 March 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed this tour. Jay has lived in San Fran for a long time and he knows all the stories. It was great to go inside a restored Victorian building in all it's period glory, as well as see a splendid garden.
We learned about Uber, 1906 fire, Robin Williams, first African American female millionaire, immigration and more.
His restaurant suggestions at the end of the tour were excellent too!

Reviewed 1 March 2017

This is a wonderful walk. Jay, the guide, is knowledgeable and funny and has done a fantastic job in putting together a walk in San Francisco that does not need you to climb hills