“Cruffins are delish”

Mr. Holmes Bakehouse
Ranked #6 of 120 Bakeries in San Francisco
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

We got up early and got to the line about 9:15 AM. Fortunate for us, it was raining and Sunday, so only about 6 to 8 were ahead of us. Blood orange cruffins were the item of the day. They are really as good as people say. I liked their plain croissants too. We also tried the churro pastry which had a tasty filling. Would skip the choc croissant and mulled wine pastry. Hope to get another chance to return for more pastries again.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

I saw this place on Instagram before traveling to San Francisco for the weekend and figured I'd check it out. I got here around 9AM on a Saturday and the line for their famous "cruffin" had already formed, although it wasn't too deep. There's a separate line for cruffins, but for every other delicious pastry, there was no wait. The cruffin line moves fast--and it's definitely worth it. We got cruffins and assorted other pastries including the creole sausage stuffing corn muffin, matcha croissant, churro croissant, and the maple-pumpkin donut. Everything was extremely fresh and flaky and doughy and delicious. Nothing was too sweet or overdone. Everything tasted heavenly. Definitely make it a point to visit this bakery whether you're just visiting or live in the area. And stand in line for the cruffin, it really is worth it. But don't forget to pick up a few other pastries! They're equally delicious and instagram-worthy.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

I was skeptical when my daughter told me we had to visit. I felt like it might be a trap but so glad we made the stop. First attempt was a fail because we didn't have time and there was a long line out the door. Second stop worked out great. You have to try the cruffins (scrumptious). Today they had blackberry cruffins which were awesome.

Learned several things that will make your stop more enjoyable and more efficient - 1) cruffins arrive at 9AM and 2) there is a "cruffin only" line (meaning it's the only line you can get cruffins in and and you can only get cruffins in this line - all other pastries are in the other line.

Cruffins are limited to 2 per customer. So if you want something from both lines and you have someone with you, you might want to split up and get in both lines to expedite the process. The lines move rather quick so don't be discouraged if the line is out the door (the inside is tiny so looks are deceiving). Unfortunately the neon sign was off - not sure why (maybe to help with traffic flow and prevent a bottleneck of picture takers in the tiny space during busy hours, not sure). Worth a stop!

2  Thank ttmt2
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

I go here every other day for breakfast or bread. Having lived in France, now I really miss those French breakfasts. Well, I used to until I discovered this spot! Eclair, pain au chocolat and croissant! Sometimes, plus lemon tart (if anything left). Love you, guys!

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

So we read up that going early would be best and it was! A small queue formed quickly after we got there, lots of people saying how wonderful it was and people buying tons from them!!

We just opted for the brown sugar caramel cookie and shared it. The server couldn't believe we were sharing it!
Although it was far too early for that much sugar it was a lovely taste! Crunchy and soft at the same time. I would have loved to try something else but I just couldn't do any more sweet at that time lol!

Nice staff and great looking yummy pastries and treats! A must visit whilst in SF .