“In the centre”

The Fitzgerald Hotel
Ranked #170 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 9 April 2017

We stayed here one night in the end of March 2017. The room with bedroom was OK.
The furniture were not new, neither the hotel but everything was clean. The breakfast was amazing! We liked it very much. As we were in the USA we expected breakfast like this. :-)

Room Tip: Choose room far from the elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Liza K

Reviewed 7 April 2017

This hotel pleased me very much. The old elevator was identical to the one that was in my dear friends' building on Sutter Street. Loved that old elevator. My room was small but very comfortable. There was even a black washcloth especially for makeup. What a great idea. I had a rental car and worried about parking. I was given a card for a discount for parking around the block and paid only $18 for a whole day. Great deal. It was easy to park at the hotel door to check in and out.
Outside of my room was a settee at the open window with sunlight streaming in. I read my newspaper there. The breakfast choices were amazing and included in the room price.
The location was perfect for me...in an area of the city where I knew my way around. It was so easy to get to my meeting and back. the Staff were professional and kind. I would choose to saty here again in a minute.

Room Tip: Location in the City. Close to Union Square
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank brisl2016
Reviewed 2 March 2017

Room had a microwave and frig. This place is beautiful, comfortable and clean. Staff was helpful and accommodating for our week stay. Breakfast is very good and healthy, Orange juice, fruits(fruit salad with watermelon, strawberry, cataloupe, melon,grapes), oranges, banana, apple. Coffee, milk, cereal, yogurt, a lot of bread variety and a Non gluten one,jelly, cream cheese, etc. Room is small but good. Location is perfect. You can use all transportation system(cable car, bus, train, etc) to go anywhere do you want. A lot of restaurants, pharmacies, bars, and places to buy everything, Bakery, Macy,Apple, etc store. Old building, but in shape. I and my wife stayed there for one week. And we didn't have any problem. They always clean the room, and doesn't matter what time you leave the room. We recommend.

Room Tip: Two bedrooms offers more space for a couple. 5th or 6th floor are quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jorge P
Reviewed 20 February 2017

I loved this place. Yes, room was small but just fine for me. Location was fantastic; I walked everywhere. And the place was perfectly clean, it's just old. I loved the ancient but serviceable elevator -- reminded me of my childhood! Room had a microwave and frig. I was just very comfortable!

Room Tip: I think it is noisy if you are on the street side; I liked being on the air shaft.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Laura H
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

This place was beautiful, comfortable and clean. Staff was helpful and accommodating for our week stay. Our room was incredibly small. It from my understanding all the rooms are different and different sizes. Just beware the elevator is from 1910 and super tiny!!! Not made for much baggage or a stroller! Breakfast had fresh fruit, oatmeal, toast, bagels, English muffins with butters and other toppings. Also juice coffee and tea, also a nice selection of yogurts, best continental breakfast I've seen in a long time!!

Stayed: February 2017