Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$199
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$281/night.

Book now, pay at stay
US$246
US$236
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
US$349
US$222
  • Pool
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$259
US$228
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Alise San Francisco - A Staypineapple Hotel(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$370
US$287
Official Site
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$331/night.

InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$231
US$224
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$248/night.

Chancellor Hotel on Union Square(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$388
US$332
Hotels.com
US$229
US$169
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$188/night.

Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$237
US$224
1,536 results
All reviewshitchcock filmunion squaresutter streettenderloinceiling fanfew blocksfront desk staffdecent sizeflat screen tvstayed here for nightsour honeymoonfree coffeevalet parkingpublic transportfisherman's wharfcable cararound the corner
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Originally only booked this hotel because the price of our original 4 star hotel at Union Square was way to high for these extra 2 nights but I'm really happy i did. Excellent find among many San Francisco downtown hotels. The room was good size and seems newly updated. It's equipped with a large size flat screen TV, mini fridge and a nice work desk and chair. Bed was very comfy. Bathroom is functional, very nice shower with great water pressure. Room and bathroom are both extremely clean. Professional front desk staff, very helpful and accommodating with any request you might have. There is also a little fitness room and some vending machines on a lobby floor. While the hotel doesn't have a restaurant on site this is simply not an issue in San Francisco as there is an abundance of places to eat within walking distance where ever you might find yourself downtown. Location was perfect for us as it is slightly removed from all the hustle and bustle of Union Square while still being only 4 blocks away (10 minutes walk). Overall had a great stay and would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel!

1  Thank Plickec
HaiyiHotels D, Director of Sales at Hotel Vertigo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

Dear Plickec,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and wanted to let you know how much we appreciate your taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you also for providing wonderful insight of our location for our future guests. As you've experienced first hand, there are certainly several restaurants on Sutter Street and on side streets that you'll encounter around our hotel, so finding a bite to eat is never a problem! Also yes, we are just a short walk from Union Square and just as you mentioned, it's nice to get away from that "hustle and bustle" after a day of shopping and sightseeing!

Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back as our guests on your next visit to San Francisco!

Reviewed 30 August 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a night while I was in the city and I was extremely pleased with my stay. The room was decent sized and cozy. There was a mini fridge and a nice flat screen TV. The bed (queen) was especially comfy. Everything seems to be pretty updated and was well worth the price we paid to stay there. My favorite thing about the room was the shower head that comes from the ceiling. Overall, for San Francisco prices, you cannot beat the deal this hotel gives you!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
HaiyiHotels D, Director of Sales at Hotel Vertigo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Dear KBRSmith,

Thank you very much for your raving review of our hotel! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and wanted to let you know how much we appreciate your taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest very soon!

Reviewed 24 August 2012

This was the first stop on our American honeymoon. We arrived to the very bright and airy hotel lobby around lunchtime and were pleasently surprised by the very helpful receptionists. Especially the black guy (Jeffery I think his name was) who was very jolly and chatty! We went up to our room which was clean and fairly spacious for an inner city hotel. The only thing that let our room down in particular was the chips in the bath which made it very rough to sit on! It is only about a 15 minute walk to union square and the famous trams and my husband and I even walked back from Fishermans Wharf one day (very very hilly!!!) Taxi was $50 from the airport but the hotel does run a shuttle which is a lot cheaper. I would definately stay here again.

Dear Jo C,

Thank you for making us a part of your American Honeymoon. Your comments about your stay with us are much appreciated and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and the Trip Advisor community! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the accommodations and the service of our Front Desk Host during your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back to San Francisco in the near future and congratulations to you both on a wonderful future together!

Reviewed 18 August 2012

We booked this hotel as part of a package so as a precaution I emailed ahead to confirm the booking however on checking in (late at night) we were informed that the reservation for one of our two rooms was not effective until the following evening. Not what you really want to hear after an eight hour flight that was delayed by 3 hours. The evening check in clerk suggested that four of us share a room; this was not something I was prepared to do. A room was found, our kids (aged 21 & 18) moved into their room and my wife and I moved into our room. Apart from the fact that the bed was actually a sofa, albeit a rather comfortable one, the stay was pleasant and the sleep quality of the hotel is very good. The location is OK (note it is two blocks north of Geary Street) but not that great, but having free wifi is a bonus.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank alasuberdaplatz
Haiyi, General Manager at Hotel Vertigo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Please accept my apologies for the difficulties that you encountered during your check-in and the fact that the process took a little longer than we would have liked. I’m really sorry that it happened at such an inopportune time especially after the delays you experienced at the airport. I really appreciate the feedback that you have provided us, this will enhance our ability to develop better ways to assist all our future guests.

Reviewed 17 August 2012

There were highs and lows of this hotel.

Lets start with the highs:) "posh"

Staff is very nice,
hotel room is clean,
decor is cute and updated.
shower heads are updated and alot of water comes out.
linens were clean and comfy although we didnupgraded to better cotton count when we booked.
Bed was comfy
hotel lotion wasnt bad

Lows. "getto"

Expensive
hotel is old so the rooms are musty and hot, no air
although the bathroom was clean the tub is old an our fixture was held together with scotch tape. I would not take a bath in there.
Hotel staff was nice but not attentive. No help with bags we had to do it ourself, vallet took 30 min so I had to wait at my car for 30 min before taking my own bags to my room. Hotel staff does not stay with vehicle. Leaving it took the 50 min to get our car when quoted 30 min and agian no help in putting bags in car even though we tipped.
Asked front desk to call for a cab and it never came, not sure if they forgot or if it just didnt come, when we asked again about cab front desk looked surpise as if they didnt remember we asked to call us a cab.
Hotel has no extra amenities, if you happen to leave anything at home like toothpaste.
My husband said the workout faclity was like working out in a dungeon. No channels for tv while you work out but equipment worked, looked like a grey sterile room.
our ipod dock in room did not work.
no extra plugs to plug in phones or computers.
not alot of light or mirrors.
getting ready in the small bathroom was very hard.
room walls are so thin! You can hear everything. i did not get any sleep. You can hear footsteps from the room above you, the maids cleaning and vaccuming at 8am! and doors slamming.

I obviously expected more from the hotel because it was kind of expensive, over 200$ a night plus 35$ vallet a night.

I felt like it was a cleaner nicer motel 6. The trendy decor and freindly staff disguised the actual "gettoness" of the hotel. Not anything to expect at a 200$plus a night hotel. Ive stayed at a few other hotels in San Fransico for cheaper that were way nicer. I will say it was summer time so maybe it was overpriced because of that.

Over all if you expect alot out of a hotel do not stay here and spend a little more for better amendities and service some where else.

If your on a budget and dont mind doing everything your self this is a clean hotel and the decor makes up for alot of the things the hotel doesnt have. Although I dont consider 200$ a night a budget price, but its the city.

Room Tip: city view has more light
2  Thank Katrina C

Dear Katrina C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at the Hotel Vertigo and sharing your experience with us.

Please accept my apologies that your stay was less than perfect. We strive to provide great service and facilities, and as you can see from the many positive reviews preceding yours, we usually hit the mark. We try very hard to balance the needs of every guest when considering the hotel’s amenities and hours of operation. I truly hope that if you return to San Francisco you would consider giving us another chance and hope you will reach out to me directly.

Thanks again,